Friday 8 February 2019

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to that has made me smile.
We're home now but just had to show you these.
I love this hotel where we stay as it's straight onto the slopes, no walking or buses and a great view as you can see.
And this was a lovely day too.


The hotel is called the L'Ours Blanc (The White Bear) so obviously there are a few polar bears around the hotel.


And a few pics of the skiing.

The Indians have got a new Teepee this year.
I know American Indians are not normally found in the Alps!


Pretty little bird house, so sweet.
I might have to make one of these.


Even Sweeter!


And Tea for Two.


But what I really wanted to show you today was the hotel we stayed at on the way home.
Because the flight was going to be very early and the drive down from the mountains takes over two hours we decided to come down on the Friday evening and stay at a hotel near Grenoble airport and I am so pleased we did.
It's quite small, very French and friendly.


The rooms are simply decorated.


Had to show you a close-up of the light shade, gorgeous.


 The dining room is tiny but so pretty.


It had a fabulous collection of Objet d,art.


Gorgeous clock too.


 Loved her sewing machine.


 Such a pretty garden. Managed to photograph this before it got too dark.

So that's about the last of the holiday pics.
Hope there were a few things there to make you smile. 

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That hotel you stay in to ski is so lovely. I am always impressed and it always looks like you get the same room every year. The bear was adorable and that tea for two was out of this world. Looks like they are big on attention to detail.

The second place you stayed was intriguing. I was trying to see if that was a New Home sewing machine. It looks SO much like my Grandmother's.

Have a great Friday and weekend, too, Angela.

Annie said...

I always enjoy seeing your holiday pics Angela. That little hotel on your way home looks like my sort of place to stay....what a pretty place.
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Both places you stayed at looked lovely. The tea for two works for T-Day, too, even though you're posting this Friday. :-) That ceiling lamp was gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your photos of your trip.

Sue said...

What fab photographs Angela, the polar bear looks so cute, but that reindeer, he's adorable! Have a fun weekend, Sue xx

pinky said...

Wow what a time you had. The photos are just amazing. That room looks so quaint and comfortable Angela.

Lisca said...

Wow! That was a gorgeous hotel in Grenoble. So very French! I'm glad you shared the photos.
I loved the white bear by the fireplace. And the teepee is rather strange. It looks like a fallen down cable car. But i did like the moose made up of warm garments.
Holiday over, it is back to the normal everyday life.
I just had a look at your WOYWW post, and looked at the link on how to make the card with the tissue pieces. I might have a go at that. (famous last words)...
Have a great weekend,
Lisca

pam said...

Fabulous photo`s Angela, love the look of the hotel, just up your street that one.
Hugs Pam x

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely holiday. I don't ski but I enjoy a day at the ski resort in Serra Nevada, about three hours drive from here. The atmosphere in the village square is so happy and busy.
I love the white tea pot in your 'tea for two' photo. I have a small one the same but it is made of cast iron and very heavy. I changed my mind about buying the larger one I had intended getting as I would not have been able to use safely when it was full!
The overnight hotel looks very welcoming. My mum had a sewing machine like that. All the ornaments, clocks etc make it a beautiful setting for a last night of the holiday stay. Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for sharing these gorgeous photos...I so enjoyed reading your post x.

Jackie PN said...

So happy you were able to go skiing this year and it looks like there was plenty of snow!
Charming places,both that you stayed at! How nice and refreshed you must feel when you return home!
hugs,Jackie xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Looks like you had a lovely holiday - I'm a wee bit green with envy, I must say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10