Friday 7 January 2022

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
It seems to have come round too quickly this week and I'm not really ready for Friday and it didn't help that the dogs got me up at 4.00am Thursday morning so you will have to excuse this not being quite so full of smiles.

However here goes.


The runners were out in the park for their New Year day run.



And the following day peace prevailed!
Look at that sky it's so blue unlike the last couple of days!


You wouldn't know the runners were ever here as they are very tidy which is good.


My little beauties are all resting.



I love this time of the year as you can really see the shape of these tiny trees and appreciate their beauty.


I am particularly fond of this one.
Many of these I've had for about twenty years or longer and they were not young trees when I got them. 


I got this Amaryllis in the supermarket and it's doing well already as it was a left over from Christmas so we'll see how it gets on.


Now this is a Mole hill but it reminded me of something from a film, I wonder if you can guess what that was. It was nothing to do with moles! Quite an old film, Science fiction type. 


And finally a new book, a late Christmas present which should prove interesting.


I must leave you now with some funnies.




Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

8 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Angela. A very happy new year to you and yours. I’m sorry about the lack of Mr Linky this morning....it’s there now. Was the film you were thinking of called Tremours? ...I remember it well if it is. Running round the park for the New Year couldn’t have been further from my thoughts. This bug has certainly sapped my energy but I’m really hoping it’s a little better today.
Hope you have a great week,
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

Happy New Year Angela. I am glad to see you had a blue sky day. It really lifts the spirits doesn't it.
I am not into bonsai trees but yours look good and healthy. I do love amarilys. I hope you get a good head of blooms on yours.
Enjoy your new book. I hope it has some good ideas to spark your creativity. Kate x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful garden and I love the doggy funnies, so true! Hugs, Valerie

Lisca said...

There are some energetic people around! I don't particularly like running and I certainly wouldn't do it New Year's Day!
But it's great that they did not leave litter or damage the park. That is good.
Blue skies! Fantastic. What a gorgeous day.
The mole hill reminds me of that film called Close Encounter (or something similar)Where different people were 'called' to go to a meeting point (Ayers Rock in Australia) for an encounter with a space ship. I can still hear those notes they used to communicate. It was a really good film and I remember seeing it more than once.
Your bonsai are beautiful. Yes, I like that pine tree too.
Your amaryllis is doing ok. I'm sure it will flower.
Take care, Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Crafty Claire said...

Looking at your post I feel the need to sculpt some mashed potato...I can't think why!

I love your bonsais. When I was a girl I had an old ceramic sink with a miniature garden. I was cultivating a tiny sycamore from seed and had a lovely shell for a pond. Unfortunately when I left home I couldn't take it with me and when my family moved it was left behind. Simpler days.

Hope you have a lovely week xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting. I've had no internet or phone since Monday, but stopped by to say I enjoyed seeing the bonsai trees and how neat and tidy the runners in the park were. Hope you are having a great weekend and a great week ahead, dear.

Mac Mable said...

Great to see your bonsai trees resting and great to see how tidy the runners are. Thanks for the funnies too Angela x. Wild weather this past weekend x.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Look at all that lovely green and growing goodness. We're in the midst of massive amounts of snow (and rain today), so it's impossible to get out for a walk due to ice. I'm a tad envious, m'lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10