Monday 2 December 2013

Masterboard Card Ideas

Hi Blogfriends, still having fun with the JOFY Christmas stamps, set 06.
This is the sample I have made for my Ali-Craft Blog project so hope you will pop over there to see what's going on.

This is the set that Ali asked me to use for this project.
I just love them and you get so many stamps for your money which is great.
These stamp so well and very clearly.
If you have a look at earlier posts you will see some of the other samples I have done.

 
I loved these stamps so much that I also bought the next set, 03.
This set has some great images for focal points.
I always feel happy when a design has a background, foreground and focal point.
Composition and good balance makes the design special even in a simple card like this.

 
I started by making a Masterboard, those who are familiar my work will know how much I love these.
 
First using the large stamp and perfect medium, emboss with clear embossing powder.
Next colour the background by covering a craft mat with distress ink, spritz it with water and drag the card over it.

 
  Next using Peacock Feathers distress ink, use the same stamp but offset the images as shown below.

 
Then use the border stamp from set 06 and stamp four times.
The card I used for this is actually what I had used to clean the mat.
Never let it be said that I waste any ink lol!
These need to be cut out ready to use as a border for the topper.

 
Next stamp the baubles from the set 03 and decorate with stickles glue.
Stamp the sentiment from Set 06 and mount the topper onto green and silver card.

 
The design is now ready to be constructed.
After completing the topper, stamp the sentiment again using the same coloured ink as the baubles to create a reflective appearance to the words.
 

Well that's your lot, hope you like it.
 
 
 
Back soon.
Crafty Hugs,
Angela x

1 comment:

Redanne said...

Like it? Love it! I think this is my favourite of your masterboards so far, the colour is just gorgeous. Sorry I have been missing, went away for the weekend to a Finnabair course - it was magic. Hugs, Anne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10