Thursday 3 April 2014

Prima Cartographer Papers

Hi Blogbuddies, as promised here are the instructions for the Scrapbook page. I am making this for Ali at  Ali-Craft.
The kit will be available in May as shown below.

 
I began by collecting together a few things that I thought might be good to use with the papers.
 

This pad has the map of France on it as well as various images of the country. We have just come back from Skiing in France so it seemed like the obvious theme to use.

I wanted to ensure that this page would stand up to being displayed so I started by cutting up a 12"x12" sheet of corrugated card for the back.
(Never let it be said that I don't do my bit for recycling lol!)

 
Then I glued on one of the pages showing the map of France.
There are two of these, one in white and one in black but I chose the lighter one for this project.
Any strong PVA glue will work for this.
I believe this one came from the Works.

 
Next I blended distress inks along the edges to give it a border and applied some Gesso slightly off centre in a cross shape to give the appearance of snow but also to make a focal point for the images.
This needs to be applied with the dry brush technique as this will also leave you with texture on the surface.
You could also do this with paint if you wish.

 
Now I can start to plan the position of the images.
It is a good idea to lay them down before attaching as this allows you to lift and replace items until you are happy with the layout.
It also allows you to see what needs to be attached first and to ensure that images below will still be seen when everything is attached.
I find that when I remove them and start to rebuild from the bottom I need to lay the pieces somewhere in order of which goes on at which stage as I sometimes forget when I take them off (hope that makes sense).
Maybe it's my age but if there are lots of images to layer up it's easy to make a mistake (though of course we all know there are no real mistakes in crafting just happy accidents lol!) but if you line them up in order it helps. 
Once you are sure about the positioning it's time to start attaching them.

 
I also decided to punch out some snowflakes and as I wanted some of these to be placed below the images and papers, I punched out lots of these at the beginning.

 
Although I have tried to use mostly the papers in the pad, I have included some ribbon, mirri card, gems, Dome Stickers, glazes, bits and pieces from the holiday and obviously a photograph.
I think that's what makes these papers so useful, they work well with other craft supplies you may already have.
 
And here is the completed page.
No!No!No! not quite there, needs more I think.
 
 
Back again lol!
Here.... is the finished page, I hope lol!.
Better?

 
 It just needed tweaking a bit.
The clock die is by Tim Holtz.
It's no good he just gets everywhere lol!
I also added some stickles glue, glazes and Dome Stickers to highlight areas and mounted the photograph onto cork sheet.
 
And here are a few close-ups for your delight (I hope!).
 

 


 
Well that's it really, hope you like it.


 I have three other projects to make using these papers and will post them here with instructions for making but you will also be able to see them on the Ali-Craft blog at the beginning of May.
 
 
 The kit will be available at the Ali-Craft on-line store at the start of the Month. 
 
Bye for now.
 Back soon,
Angela x

 
.

1 comment:

Redanne said...

I love your layout Angela, the addition of the clock really draws the eye in to the focal image - very clever. I love the papers and your tutorial is excellent. Love the Je t'aime and the arrow too. Hugs, Anne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10