Monday 10 August 2015

Masterboard Monday.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi everyone, I am here today to show you a new paint I have been working with called Aqua Tints.

I love the way they go on and the colours are so intense for a translucent paint. 
They are concentrated liquid water colours which can be mixed and they blend beautifully and can be used for backgrounds, stencils, stamping, resist work and more.
There are six sets available, with each set containing six individual, colour-themed bottles.

For this project I have used the Pastel set but even so the colours are still very vibrant.

  • I started by heat embossing the stamped images from one of my Alice stamp sets and then added the colours.
  • Allowed this to dry and then added some extra stamping using colours which would blend with the background as I wanted this fairly subtle.
  • Finally buffed the embossing gently to remove any paint. This brings out the embossed areas.
 
 Here I have included a close-up.

 
And a card I have made using this Masterboard.
 
 
I stamped and coloured The White Rabbit using Chameleon pens.

 
Then completed the card with a matching bow and stamped sentiment.
 
 
I have also been altering some of these Masterboards using Picasa but that is for another posting.
 
Hope you enjoyed looking and I would love it if you could leave a comment.
 
Bye for now and happy crafting,
 
Angela x





9 comments:

Carole Z said...

What a fabulous masterboard Angela and I love the card!Hugs Carole Z X

Scrapthology said...

Love that card, beautiful colour work.

Pamellia said...

Beautiful masterboard and I just love the theme of your card. So much fun and what a gorgeous blend of colours! hugs :)

pam said...

Beautiful card Angela, love these pastel colours, great masterboard.
Hugs pam x

Redanne said...

Another wonderful masterboard Angela, I love those subtle colours and the card is wonderful. I love the white rabbit!! Hugs, Anne xx

Shoshi said...

This is so lovely, Angela. I love how the subtle masterboard background complements the colours you've chosen for the main motifs of the card. It's just gorgeous! I have made some "mini masterboards" which I will be posting about soon (part of my Big Reveal lol!) - A4 ones for a pressie for someone. I made some all-over backgrounds today on A5 which I have already cut up. Great fun! I do love masterboards!!

Shoshi

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your comment, Angela, and I'm glad you like my hearts and wings! I know the cookie business is due to new legislation but I can't think why they can't streamline it somehow, so that you could just do a blanket agreement with one click - maybe the first time you visit any website and then it would "stick" - a bit of a pain at the beginning but at least for the ones you visit regularly it would be a done deal. The whole thing is turning into a major pain in the proverbial.

Shoshi

Jackie PN said...

ohhh Angela! I just love your White Rabbit!! He is such a character and you have suited him up so fine! xo

RosA said...

I do like the sound of those Aqua Tints. Love how the colours have turned out on the masterboard. Am thinking I might need these :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10