Friday 14 August 2015

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi everyone I decided Friday was a spare day on my blog so I am making it Friday Fun Day.

This is going to be the day I post my test pieces and for this week I have been playing with Mod Podge.

I noticed recently a video from debby epps where she was making something that she calls Acrylic Slick Skins, these reminded me of something that used to happen when I was still teaching.
The children were for ever leaving PVA in plastic tubs and it would set solid leaving the pattern of the tub in the PVA.
This got me thinking and I decided to give it a go.

I tried this first in the bottom of a plastic box (Fruit box).
It needs to be fairly thin just covering the bottom.

 
Let it dry completely and then you can pull it out by pealing it away from the plastic.

 
As you can see here it has turned clear but obviously this depends on what you use as lots of PVA stay white when set.

 
I love the bubbles which remained in the glue.
 
You can see that some of this is still white where it has not set completely. Just leave it for a little longer and:



 Now it's completely clear.



Here you can see some of the glitter I added while the glue was still wet but you could add other things too.
 

 And on these pieces you can clearly see the labels which were impressed in the plastic.


 Original box.
 


 
I think that this could be very interesting to develop further though as yet I am not sure what I will do with the pieces I've made but I am sure they will make interesting embellishments for Journals and canvas work.
 
Hope you found this interesting and I will be back next Friday with further samples.
 
Bye for now and happy crafting,
 
Angela x

12 comments:

Krisha said...

Really interesting....may have to give this a go.....maybe with the GDs.

Jackie PN said...

Very cool Angela!! I tried something similar with clay- but love your idea! And the added glitter is so neat as well! Yup, going to have to give this a go! Happy weekend my crafty friend! xo

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

This is so crazy. We must be on the same wavelength. I was out looking at molds yesterday.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fun thing to try, Angela - you've got this crazy brain ticking over again. Can you smell it burning?!

pam said...

Well cannot wait to see how you use these Angela, bet it will be amazing.
Hugs pam x

Juliz Design Post said...

What a brilliant idea Angela and I can remember loving to pick the dried glue off the tubs at school lol. Looking forward to seeing what you do next with it.
Have a great weekend,Julie xx

Shoshi said...

Great project, Angela. Definitely experimental and fun! I've used acrylic polymer (like very runny gel medium) to make flat sheets embedding tea from teabags, to use in teabag art (not used yet) which is a similar idea. I've also used the plastic packagings (from chicken portions) themselves in projects but your method would be more flexible. The plastic (and presumably the mod podge) colours well with acrylics or alcohol inks. There's some lovely texture on stuff most people throw away and once you start thinking in this way, you never look at these things the same way again!

Shoshi

Kelly said...

Cool! I've had some of the skins from glue left in containers and what not.. .just never thought of additives like glitter and doing it intentionally - or what i'd use it for. We'll have to play. :-) Thanks for coming to my blog, dear friend. Creative Blessings! Kelly #46

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Angela,
Thanks for calling in, you always pique my interest with your out of the box makes, and you inspire me to push the limits a little more in my creations; I like that you are trying new ways to create texture, I like that too. I shall look forward to seeing a future project with this skin included.
Smiles:)
Sue

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your lovely comment, Angela - Shaz loved her parcel! I am so glad you like what I have done. There's more to come, so "watch that space"!

Shoshi

Deb said...

Fabulous idea Angela, it would be interesting to marble some paint or inks through it too! Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with each Friday ☺Deb xo

buterfliecrafter said...

nice experimenting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10