Friday 13 September 2019

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to recently when we took mum and dad for a short holiday to Skegness on the East Coast.



The East Coast is perfect for my parents as the ground is nice and flat so less work for us pushing the wheel chair.


If you know where to look there are some very pretty gardens and the beaches are lovely and clean.


This is our evening walk around the lake while mum and dad have a chat with people they meet in the bar.


Victorian paddling pool which has been well cared for and still looking good, the children love it especially as we've been having such gorgeous weather. This was about 7.00pm so you can guess this was a nice day.


Love the pier too, originally opened in 1881 though not as long as it was then.


 You can't go to the seaside in the UK without seeing the Donkeys it's tradition here.



Scrummy! Yet more seaside traditions.


However this is not something we expected to find but my Steampunk friends will like it.


The Nautilus has landed in Skegness!


Just hope you don't get fed up with the Lincoln Stempunk Festival but I have put a video on my facebook page which you might like here:

And a few more pics to finish the post.


These are a few front and back views.





These were all handmade, gorgeous.


I have to warn you I am no where near the end of these and having looked at the rest I think the best are yet to come!

 Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

6 comments:

Helen said...

Never visited Skegness but it looks lovely! glad you enjoyed the break and hope your mum and dad did too. yep, can't not have ice cream at the seaside!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a beautiful place to visit. And I like the steampunk festival photos.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm so late visiting. It's been a busy week here, dear Angela. I loved the photos of Skegness. That boat which had been turned into a planter really appealed to me. And of course, I still love any and every steampunk photo you want to share. I'll never be bored by your fabulous photos. Hope your weekend is going well and Stan and Maisie are behaving (as if).

Mac Mable said...

Still amazed at the steampunk photos and looking forward to seeing more. What a lovey time away with your parents and what a fabulous place to visit. So glad the weather was kind too x.....yummy treats too x.

Mrs A. said...

Some fabulous photos of your holiday. I have never been there but it does look a nice place to stay. Hugs Mrs A.

Words and Pictures said...

A proper old-fashioned day at the seaside, and then some out there steampunk wackiness... what's not to love?!
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10