Friday 27 September 2019

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.



It felt a bit sad really seeing the old shed come down but it had to be done.


I am thinking however that I might be able to reuse the chairs so we'll see.


All ready now for the new concrete to arrive.


And here it is. I can't start to tell you how brilliant this guy was. When we've had cement before they just dumped it on the front and were gone but this company mix it on site and then barrow it to where you need it and if he finds you don't need as much as you thought that's fine you just pay for what you actually need. We probably saved about a£100.00, amazing!


And here it is all done.


And the following day all nice and set.
Now what do you suppose that's for Lol!


Will this give you an extra clue?


I had to show you this too.
Now I'm not a lover of slugs but this chap was hiding amongst the wood and he's massive. I put my secateurs next to him to give you an idea of the size.


Maybe this will give you an idea too. 
This is my hubby's hand which is quite big and as you can see the slug takes up a good part of it even though it's tucked up a bit.


 Stan decided that all this was far to tiring and managed to find something to lay his head on.


Later he moved into the conservatory and used some clothes to put his head on.
Gosh it's a dog's life.
Maisie just disappeared out of the way.

 So as not to disappoint anyone I'll finish with a few Steampunk pics.


Pirates.




And the pets joined in too.



Hope you enjoyed those.
It really was a gorgeous day that I took these photographs.

 Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

10 comments:

Annie said...

Now that's a pretty impressive concrete pad to put something special on....I can't wait to see it all finished.
As for the slug!!! makes my skin creep. I really don't like them and there's lots around at the mo aren't there.....yuck. Milly used to eat them as a puppy but thankfully she's stopped now she's older and wiser :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Mrs A. said...

Hells bells that is a lot bigger than ours is going to be . Our base only increased from 5’x4’to 7.5’x 5.5’ and I thought that was pretty big. Still waiting to hear how far we are up the construction list. We were initially told to expect the first 2 weeks in October so fingers crossed. Busy planting the two pots up with bulbs that will go either side of the double doors. Hugs Mrs A.

Crafting With Jack said...

Slugs are ucky! We used to have a lot of them and then I started picking them up and putting them into garden rubbish bin. Dogs can get Lungworm from licking them or their slime so I try to be vigilant.

I loved seeing your picture of Captain Jack Sparrow, and the bird in the last picture made me smile😊

Are you building a summerhouse?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have NO idea what you are building, but I sure look forward to seeing it take fruition. You may have given that concrete contractor a great free ad. He probably deserved it, too. Going the extra mile (or kilometer) and having you and your friends give him a good reference will make his business even better.

We don't have those kinds of slugs here, or if we do, I've never seen one. Personally, I step on them when I find them.

Still loving your steampunk photos and the pets are all really adorable. Thanks for sharing these. Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, too.

Belinda said...

Wow I love seeing the process of the old shed's removal and then the concrete being laid down. Looks like an exciting project.
I can't believe how big that slug was!
Oh and the photos of the steampunk was so fabulous. Makes me want to dress in steampunk!
Belinda
#26

Lindart said...

This is fun, watching the old shed disappear and something (what??) new and obviously bigger and improved in it's place! The slug is big and yucky, but must have some masterful reason for being on this planet! Even if just food for the birds! Thanks for the Steampunk photos - I love them all! And thanks for your visit to mine, Lindart #23

mamapez5 said...

That was a great job done with the concrete. I can remember shovelling it into a barrow to get it laid before it started to dry out. I don't think we ever got it delivered to where we actually want it. i look forward to seeing what you build on it.
The slug is rather a fine specimen, but think how much damage he can do in the garden in just one night! Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Playing catch up as my computer broke for awhile! x What a huge slug and love the photos of the steampunk x Great about the laying of the concrete and always great to save some money x

Lisca said...

Wow, that base has quadrupled! What on earth are you going to build? A studio? or some decking with a pergola? All will be revealed I'm sure. But it is exciting.
The steam punk photos are great, as always. I love seeing what people wear. One can really be creative.
That slug is a real humdinger. Yuck! I hate slugs. (Yes, I know they are God's creatures).
Have a lovely week,
Hugs,
Lisca

Words and Pictures said...

Uurgh, no, not a slug fan. I came down the other morning to find one sliming his way around my living room, having oozed under the back door! I think Stan has the right idea with all that efficient work going on around him.
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10