Friday 17 April 2020

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.



This was the stage we were at last week and then!!!!!


This happened!
Still not quite finished yet but I am getting there.


The shelving in the center of the room is going to be the base for the main work bench.

As you can imagine my time has been rather taken up with this job so not really much else to show you today but we did had an emergency phone call from the carers that visit my parents and so spent most of Easter Sunday driving round Rotherham and Sheffield looking for a pharmacy that was open so no time for any crafting. 


This unfortunately is when the Lock Down doesn't work but we're back home again now so fingers crossed that we don't have anymore frantic phone calls. I must say that on the whole the roads were very quiet although there was a queue in the pharmacy but they were good and let me sit in the car then rung when the medication was ready.

We were a bit surprised that we didn't see any police and no one stopped us to ask where we were going.

In case you wondered dad is okay now but the local doctor has been out to him and sorted some extra medication but at 92 he is doing really well so far just pleased they are at home and not in a Care Home.

It is only now that they are starting to realise that the people who work in these homes need protective equipment and I can tell you they work so hard and are so understanding and caring.

Time for a smile I think!

So on to the funnies.




Well that's dogs for you.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

10 comments:

Karen said...

Your room looks terrific! I'm glad you got all your shelves transported, arranged and filled. I'm sure your relieved that your father is OK ~ that was good that the pharmacy let you wait in the car :) Loved the funnies especially the last one as that's how I think my cats feel about me sometimes! ~ Blessings

Mac Mable said...

Your craft space is looking fabulous and you must be thrilled with it? Plenty of space to craft and have fun. Sorry to hear about the emergency and your Dad too x. Thank you for the funnies at the end of your post. Stay well Angela x.

Annie said...

Oh wow I'm really loving the development of the cabin. You really are going to have lots of fun in there Angela.
Thank for your lovely comments today....I made my dress and it was very much of it's time with long sleeves and high neckline....I felt like a princess in it :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Your little chalet looks great. Little by little, but it all gets done. It will be great to have a large work surface in the middle. You can also have ladies come and do crafting.
I'm glad your dad is ok now. That must have been a fright, more so because you can't go and see him.
Your dog funnies made me smile. Especially the one about business class.
Have a lovely weekend,
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think I'm in LUST for your new craft space. This is incredible. I can tell you are going to love it. You have MORE STUFF than most craft stores, I think.

Lockdowns only work when you don't go anywhere. I totally agree. I've been on self imposed lockdown for about five weeks: since March 13, the last time I went to the grocery store. I planned well with food, but I underestimated the cat litter. My friend Sally has a membership to Sam's, the WalMart of large quantities. She got me 4 buckets of 42 lb cat litter. I can't believe how much these fellows have run through litter. Their equivalent of toilet paper, I suspect.

LOVE your dog funnies today, Angela. Works with cats, too. Have a super rest of Friday and a wonderful weekend, too, dear. Thanks as always for stopping by to check on me.

mamapez5 said...

Well your room is coming on a treat. I love the carpet under your 'main work bench to be', but you must be a lot tidier worker than me. If you saw the floor around my desk you would know why I have stone not carpet!"
I am glad your dad is OK. I am filled with admiration for the people who are working to care for old and young alike. Kate x

Words and Pictures said...

The craft cabin is looking so inviting - you must be feeling very excited about having this inspiring new space almost ready to go. Sorry to hear about the alarm call for your parents, but glad you were able to sort things out without being stopped by police. And yes, a big relief to have them in their own home rather than in a care home at this point. It's so frustrating hearing about the lack of equipment and support for all healthcare workers - both in hospitals and care homes, who are caring for others - risking their own lives and working even harder than they always do for so little money.

Great cartoons, thank you!
Alison x

Craftyfield said...

The craft palace is already fabulous... I wish I crafted there!
The lockdown does throw some difficult issues, especially for those looking after older people. Let's hope the end is in sight...

Crafty Claire said...

Sorry to hear your father has been unwell and pleased to hear he's getting excellent care. We are definitely finding out who the 'essential' people are and which departments we can manage without. I hope your wonderful craft cabin is a welcome distraction and place of solace. xxx

Box Opener said...

Hi niice reading your post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10