Monday 20 February 2023

Masterboard Monday, Use it or lose it.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to try and use up some leftover Masterboard and more of those pretty things that sit around just waiting and forgotten:

 And this week it's a journal page.
 

Oxide ink, brayer and some very old heart stamps which have been sitting around for years unused.
 

I started by applying the ink with the brayer horizontally and veryically on the page. Following that I sprayed the brayer with water and rolled it straight down the page which shows just how much ink is left on the brayer so waste not want not!

After that I used the old stamps to add some interest to the page still using the same colour of ink. 


And stamped and embossed them on white card too.

I don't know why I haven't used this stamp before as it's lovely.

Next I fussy cut these ready for use later. 


I had some pieces of embossed and diecut paper from an earlier project which I ripped into pieces and attached it to the page adding shadow to the hearts for depth with a soft pencil and some whiter splatters.


 
Next added some of the fussy cut hearts, more shadow and splatters.

 
I have hundreds of these sentiment labels so that's another left-over off the list.


The metal LOVE embellishment had also been sitting around for some time so added that too.
 
 
So that's it really for today, hope you like it. Just have to think what might be the next page!

Happy creative week to you all.

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x
 
I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
 

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous piece Angela, and a wonderful quote, too. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Alyson Mayo said...

It's interesting seeing the process - the end result is very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You made good of those pretty things left waiting in your crafty space Angela. A beautiful collaged journal page perfect for February.
Sorry I have not been around for a few months, work, care duties and having my MIL move in with us for 6 months whilst work continued on her new residence has taken up all (and more) of any spare time as her mobility continues to decline. I'm trying hard to dip my toes back into blogger when ever I can when blogger allows.
So so sorry to read about Maisie :( Alfie looks like the sweetest addition to the family. Hope you are keeping well?
Take good care & I hope blogger is kind and posts this comment.
Hugs Tracey xx
P.S So late but I Thank you for the Christmas Card I do hope mine found its way to you xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Back again.. lovely to see you on my blog today too. Yes it's becoming harder and harder to deal with both Mom's now, just back from sorting out my Mom after she'd had a panic attack over something minor to us but very major to my Mother. Still awaiting assessment on my Mom so there is no extended help there, trying to go it alone and just praying each day will be a good one... We are lucky that both Mom's are near but I am exhausted.
I hope you manage to find a great home for your Mom, it's all so sad isn't it.
I missed seeing that Stan had passed away too.. :( I bet they are both running amongst the wildflowers, wagging their tails looking down and thinking of you.
Enjoy those wee pups, they bring so much joy to our lives..
I will be back to visit soon xx

Sue said...

What a fabulous piece Angela, that heart stamp is so pretty! Take care and have a lovely weekend - I hope you get lots of dog walking! xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful Art with the heart! great idea journal in red!
Beautiful week, hug Elke

Cazro said...

I'm sure you had fun making this heart filled love card. Well done, a super result. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Dragonfly Dreams. Caz. DT.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a beautiful page. It's great to use up some bits and pieces! Thanks for sharing at AJJ and Erika's theme, hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm hoping to catch up before we change hosts at AJJ. I love this very romantic and stunning journal page, Angela. I love the sentiment, too. What a fabulous way to use a masterboard. Thanks for sharing with us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10