Monday 13 February 2023

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with this Masterboard:

I have used lots of red Tim Holtz Oxides for this Masterboard. As it's February and nearly Valentine's Day these colours seemed like the right ones to choose right!

 
This masterboard couldn't be simpler. 
Just take your favourite inks and a brayer. Roll the brayer over the ink pad and then onto the card horizontally and vertically. I repeated this and then sprayed water onto the left over ink on the brayer which gives a more splattered effect and more interesting texture.

 
Next some stencilling for added detail.

 
Just keep applying the brayer and stencilling until you're happy with the finish.

I don't want too much detail on this piece as I may add more effects after cutting up sections for the next stage but went ahead and added one more stencil pattern.
 

I have kept the colours similar so as not to overdo the detail as I may add to it later.

 
And now it's time to play.


 
I've started by cutting up part of the Masterboard but don't worry I'm not going to finish all this today.

 
Just in case you're interested I have cut the tag book using this die set.
 
 
You may remember me using this set before if not you can see it here:
 
For this first card I have used the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core to layer the Masterboard.

 
I have had this for some time and no idea why it has taken me so long to use it!
 

As if that's not bad enough this is another Tim product which has been sitting waiting but it's out of the packet now.
 
And so to the first finished project, a card today.

I've used the Masterboard and the Kraft card to die cut and layer up the heart and the background. The arrow was brown kraft card and I rubbed gold gilding wax onto the feather and arrow. Finished it with the Valentine sentiment.
 
 
I completed the inside with a sentiment and some small hearts.
 
Hope you like it.
 
I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy Valentine's Day,

Angela x
 
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
 

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous Card, so pretty! Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

A perfect choice of colours for this week's masterboard! Happy Valentine's day!

Craftyfield said...

You are a master of masterboards! I haven't made one in absolute ages. I have one on my task list for a special decorating project, must get to it!

Dena J said...

Brilliant use of the inks and stencils! You have made wonderful use of your new products. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts this week.

brenda said...

A super card with a great inky grungy element which ticks all my boxes, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week and using the Heart option.

B x

Sue said...

Aww I love your romantic card Angela! It's so good to know it's not just me that buys stuff and then never takes it out of the packet lol.I don't know when I'll get back in my craft room again, we've just come back from holiday and the house is so cold at the moment,and my conservatory even more so!
Take car and have a happy and crafty week, Sue xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I am LOVING that stencil you added to the Masterboard, Angela...literally drooling over here!

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DRAGONFLY DREAMS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10