Monday 14 July 2014

Masterboard Monday.


A big welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.


Hi my dear  Blog Buddies,  here to show you our most recent Masterboard swap.
This is the one that my friend Gloria sent me and I am hoping you will enjoy seeing what I have made with it.



 Decided that I would like to try and include the Cabinet Card die by Tim Holtz for this piece and started by cutting out four sections in the Masterboard, four border sections in lovely shiny mirri card and backings in textured card stock.

The stamps Gloria used are mostly by Paper Artsy, lovely quirky designs. Gloria and I have been swapping for some time and she knows me well.

I embossed the border sections using a Couture Creations Embossing Folder, 'Replacements'.

 
I also embossed the backs

 
and then added more stamped images.
 
 
A few brads to enhance the embossing on the borders.
And it's nearly finished!
 
Finally I rubbed over the borders with gilding wax, added some shiny Stickles glue (this is the law according to my mother Lol!: "cards have to shine, it's the law"), ribbon and a few embellishments and charms.
 

And here is the completed accordion card.
 




 I added some gilding wax to the back as I felt the embossing just needed a little extra to help the cogs stand out better.

 
I had this idea when taking the photographs, it could be used to place round a plant pot maybe.

 
Well that's it for today.
 
I really would love to know what you think of this project.
 
Because I have added sparkle to this project I am going to enter it in the Left of Centre weekly challenge:
 
Back soon,
Happy crafting,
Angela x
 





7 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

Well Angela I remembered to come back and check out your finished creations...wow, that's pretty cool, love the images and all the textures.And yes I think it would great around a potplant or vase, cheers Robyn.

Krisha said...

I've never heard of that "law", but makes perfect sense to me LOL
This really turned out great, really like how you used the images, and of course the "shine"!

Redanne said...

I always love seeing your masterboard projects Angela and this one is superb! I love those PaperArtsy stamps and the cabinet die really does make a great accordion card - love this one - it would look nice with one of those battery candles too I think. Anne xx

pam said...

hi Angela, hope you have recovered from Saturday.
fantastic creation, love the colours and shine on this, what a lovely shape accordion card and stamps have been used..
pam

stampingbowd said...

Wow! Very fun!!! Wonderful texture and fun 3D project!!!

maureenjscott said...

This is fabulous, I love it! Great card, love the stamping and the gilding and embossing too. What a fabulous project! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center this week, I hope see you join us again in the future. Mo dt coordinator xxx

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Angela, What a fabulous project. When I first looked at your photos, I though it made a great mini book but your idea of turning it into a pot decoration is wonderfully inventive.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10