Friday 1 March 2019

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

Saturday I went to the Craft Club and for some reason it was packed out, more people than usual.


It's great to see so many people and all the different crafts they do and here are some of the knitters.


This lady is needle felting, what concentration!


My desk with cards I'm working on and the all important cuppa and a biscuit! Got to keep your strength up!


We also had a tutorial for this card which some of you will have seen me working on.
Basically you fold the centre first, cut one side down the middle and the other side is cut at a quarter of the card at both edges.
Using a 6"x 6" card is probably the easiest to start you off.


Once you've done that you twist one side in the opposite direction to give the shape you have here and then decorate it. The centre will pop up all on it's own, how clever is that!


And this was the one you saw me working on my desk on Wednesday though not finished yet.

The next Craft Club is going to be a workshop with a lady called Martine who also does workshops for Oyster Stamps so looking forward to that.


It's been an interesting week with walks in the park and we were being watched too.


And he/she just had to get a better look!


The weather's been mixed up here in the UK and so warm that we had some foggy mornings in the park.


Having got back from the walk Maisie decided it was time for a nap, still wearing her jacket however, she seems unable to decide which knee she wants to sit on Lol!


 Finally just wanted to show you one of my Christmas presents which is just starting to bloom on the kitchen window. 
Tiny little Iris flowers, now how sweet are they.
Hopefully you'll get to see them in full bloom next week.


So there you have it just a few of the things that have made me smile this week. I think Maisie was my favourite though.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

11 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your craft club sounds fab Angela, I could do with one of these more local to me. I'm so glad you have shown the construction of that card, it was stuck in my mind what was making the centre panel stand upright hee hee!!
Maisie has the best of both worlds with the choice of knee :)) I love her wee jacket and I have to agree those mini Iris's are so pretty.
Have a super weekend Friday Hugs Tracey xx
P.S Thank you for all your advice on Boni, she already has an oil supplement in her food one recommended by the vets over 12 months ago but we have ordered her the Salmon Oil as she has nearly run out of the other. The problem we are having with it all is that she is on a very low dose of steroids to help with her myositis and it could be the steroids that are causing the skin problem.. it's a rubbish situation to be in but as long as she is not in any pain I will just keep trying to find a solution she is our baby after all xx

Annie said...

I have to say Maisie has to be top smile this week. Don't your just love them? Milly has found that my new chair in the living room has wider arms than my old chair and it allows her to sit at my side each night now....not always in the most comfy of positions but it sure makes us giggle.
The mini irises are going to be really pretty when they are all in bloom.
There are squirels where we walk Milly on a Sunday morning and she is always on the alert to chase them....if only she were allowed off her lead!
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Nice mix of craft work and photos. I love fog, so I think I enjoyed those photos best. And Maisie is adorable! Have a great crafting weekend.

Lisca said...

Oh a craft club sounds so good. I would love to attend! (too far...sigh). Thank you for explaining about the card, but I'm afraid I still don't get it. What does the front of the card look like? Is the twist visible? Is your card viewed as per your second photo or do you write the sentiment vertical in the strip and hold it up that way?
I smiled at Maisie on two laps! Dogs can be just as funny as cats.
Nice photos of the squirrel. They are notoriously difficult to photograph.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

pam said...

Looks avery interesting card Angela, never knew you went to a craft club! fabulous photos.
Pam x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, Angela, I'm really late visiting. I got caught up in the last day before a big storm is to hit. Had to stock up on food and such in case I lose power in the next three days. Snow and ice up to 5 inches tonight and more to come after that.

Your craft club looks fun, and that card is really incredible. Very clever.

Maisie made me smile wanting attention from both of you, Too cute.

Lovely shots from the park and that iris is beautiful. So good to see lovely flowers in the dead of winter, Hope your Friday was great and you have a lovely rest of the weekend.

Craftyfield said...

Great Impossible card Angela! When I tried this I cheated to get to the size I wanted and cut the (excess) card after all the scoring and cutting the middle etc... An odd week indeed, weather wise, with a whiff of spring in the air that confuses animals and plants! xx

mamapez5 said...

It's cute that Maisie wants to 'share her love' between you.
How nice to have so many different crafters all coming together. (The cup of tea is my essential too). I simply can't make out how your card works but the printed paper and backing card look very pretty together.
I hope the iris bloom well for you. They are such a lovely colour. I like gifts that keep on giving. Kate x

froebelsternchen said...


Always great to meet kindred spirits! I love Maisie and the lovely photos!!!!
Happy March Angela!

Jackie PN said...

What a fun post! I wish to try needle felting someday as well- I should, I have all of the tools!
That Maisie sure did make me LOL what a silly dog!
And your Iris is beautiful! spring inside your home- lucky you!
sending love my friend,Jackie xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Thank you so much for showing and giving directions for that card, Angela...being spatially challenged means it will likely take me several weeks to understand it, though. :D

Lovely to see your craft club on the go - I love the thought of artists getting together and sharing their various kinds of creativity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10