Friday 29 March 2019

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


Well last week actually but had to show you these.
You may remember seeing the school above..............


This is Wednesday.
School is out and skiing is in!



How sweet are these little ones.


And there's more than one way to get all those skis onto the slopes!


But good things must all come to an end at least for this year.



And now we're on our way home.


Through the beautiful Yorkshire countryside though being a Yorkshire lass I am a bit biased but now living in Lincolnshire.


Beautiful stone cottages all around, love them.


Nearly home now and back in lovely Lincolnshire.

However......
If you ever have the chance to visit Yorkshire these are some words you may hear.






And as all Yorkshire folk will tell you......


Well......


So that's me done for today, sorry if you're not from Yorkshire
 my friends but hope they made you smile all the same!

Have a great weekend everyone and

 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

8 comments:

Jo said...

Lovely post Angela, made me laugh reading all those sayings......and I'm a Yorkshire lass too!
Jo xx

Annie said...

I'm a Shropshire lass through and through but your sayings made me chuckle....I know many Yorkshire folk!
Glad you enjoyed your skiing break and are now safe and happy back home....in the warm :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

froebelsternchen said...

Learnt something new to me about Yorkshire !
Bu I must admit I didn't know much from Yorkshire at all beside of Yorkshire terriers ( my mom had one for 20 years...lol) and Yorkshire pudding....

Have a good weekend you lass out of Yorkshire!

Happy kids to live in a skiing region - wonderful time for them in winter!

Hugs Susi

Gill Edwards said...

I'm and eastender/essex lass here but i do love all the sayings on that tea towel.

Gill

mamapez5 said...

Like Annie, I am a Shropshire lass though I did start out as a Londoner, but I smiled at all your Yorkshire sayings, and because TV etc has made the world so much smaller, I can sort of read them with the right accent too.
Lucky children to start skiing so young. That is the time to learn I am sure. Glad you enjoyed your time in the snow.
Kate x

Mac Mable said...

I certainly smiled reading this post. Thank you for sharing your travels and your fabulous photos and for clarify where Yorkshire is....x.

Lisca said...

Great to see all those kiddos in their ski gear. It's best to learn young. I remember my son when he was little, so sweet. He used to ski without poles. The children's classes for some reason teach them without poles. Now he's an adult, he snowboards (rather than ski) and takes his little one, who is 4, up the mountain every weekend. So I will have a snowboarding grandson too.
I had to smile at the Yorkshire sayings. Some of them I say too, although I can't say that I have been to Yorkshire other than travelling through (shame on me). I regularly use the expression 'There nowt so queer as folk', and 'fancy a brew'. I also use 'daft as a brush' and 'ey up'. I suppose it's because my hubby (who is from Guernsey) spent some years in Whitley Bay, which is not Yorkshire i know, but he might have picked it up there.
Sorry I'm late,
Take care,
Lisca

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Having a grin at your Yorkshire/Not Yorkshire and Right/Wrong signs. You made my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10