Friday 15 March 2019

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi all. 
Hope your week has been a good one.


This should make you smile for sure.





Stan is playing at being a Laptop Dog again but this time he's using it as cushion. 
How can anyone work like that Lol!

Moving on.....

 For a long time this building outside has been a space to put stuff!
I'm sure you know what I mean and not really anything that makes me smile when I go in there either.



 Well I decided it was time to make better use of it as the workshop it was always meant to be. So a good clear out is at hand as I speak though you can hardly tell we've done anything though I can get in it and it looks like this at the moment:



There are bird boxes, tons of vases and jugs, you know the stuff we all keep just in case we might use them Lol! then garden tools, Art work that hasn't seen the light of day since college days, Textiles equipment such as a Wax Boiler for Batiking, garden umbrellas.....well you know the sort of thing I'm sure.

Once the weather gets better hopefully we will clear it out properly, get rid of the mice who have demolished a few things Lol! and get it all cleaned up.

I will keep you informed of the process as soon as the work commences for real and then I should have something to smile about. 

We have already found stuff I had completely forgotten about like a drawer full of old craft magazines but they've got to go!

For those of you who looked around mine last week and believed the new plant to be real, I'm sorry it's not though some of you had worked it out. Still the closeup shows how good it is at making you think otherwise.

I had gone to the garden centre with the intention of buying a live Ficus as these are one of the few plants which do not mind indoor living however I saw these and they were so realistic and don't need watering or feeding and for the price you get a much larger plant so it was a no-brainer!
By the way the Iris is doing well too.


Now that is real!

Other than that it was pretty much a usual week though I did have a nice day out with some old workmates which was nice after visiting the acupuncture clinic.

As lots of you know it was National Book day last week and I have a lovely photo here of my Cousin's little girl all dresses up and ready to go. How gorgeous is she! 




Now she really does make me smile!

Quite fancy that costume myself actually!


Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

Angela xXx

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too. 

8 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Awwww but Stan just want's to make sure you know he is there hee heee!
Oh my Angela you will never leave that outside space if you turn it into a craft area... I have outhouse envy!!
Hugs for the weekend & take good care Tracey xx

Annie said...

I just love how Stan is snuggling up. Milly has now decided that as my new chair has arms wide enough for her to lie on she insists on lying by me each evening and as the evening progresses she squeezes down in the gap between me and the chair arm....of course if I get up for a moment she sits on my chair and keeps it warm for me....she's such a sweetie.
I'm sure you will really enjoy the new space made in the workshop...and using all the things you find that you'd forgotten you'd put out there. Have a fun time sorting through it all.
Hugs,
Annie x
ps I love your cousin's little girl's outfit.

froebelsternchen said...

Stan is a WOWSER and such one is this little cute girl too! Good luck with sorting through all - It will be a fabulous creative summer place for you - I am sure!
Happy weekend!
Susi

Anne (cornucopia) said...

The dog photos made me smile. Wonderful mix of photos.

Lisca said...

So funny to see Stan playing lap(top) dog. Made me smile.
And your cousin's little girl looks great. Who is she? (I mean which book character?)
Your ficus is amazing. I suspected it was fake. They make them so good nowadays, it's not worth the hassle if you can get them that life like. Don't forget to dust it though. (as you can't spray them. I had to use a feather duster)
Your Irises are beautiful.
Oh that shed! We had one in the UK. Built a big one so it could double as a workshop. Yeah, it ended up the same as yours. I feel your pain. But it has to be done. Wishing you strength.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Mac Mable said...

Stan looks quite at home and is not for moving x Good luck with the workshop x I thought the plant was real and what a good buy. Adorable photo of your cousin's little girl all dressed up x

Crafty Claire said...

Envious of your workroom...so much crafting potential!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fun post, Angela, right from your pooch helper to your cousin's little beauty. It's a visual feast!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10