Friday 16 July 2021

Friday fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
Most of the fun this week was last Saturday when our lovely park hosted the Summer Fair.


We got there as they were setting up so there weren't too many people about and we managed to get round with the dogs before most of the people arrived.

I think there was more here this year than I have seen in the past but I think some of the traders who wouldn't normally come to such a small event were just pleased to be able to get out and about. 


We certainly have never had such large fairground rides before.


Dodgems.


There were lots of interesting things to buy.


And some nice pieces of art work too.


Nice plants.


Some rather unusual items.

 


Somewhere for people to get refreshed run by the Girl Guides.


Interested pieces of craft work.

 


Think this was the Tombola.

 


Of course information for people about the park restoration.


Now what do you think this is going to be?


Now that looks interesting if you're brave enough. I believe it ended up as a cave.


And of course you can't live in Lincoln without having a Fly Past and today it was one of my favourite small planes the Spitfire. 
Depending on how you look at it we are quite lucky because we are so close to the park the planes have to come right over our house as they circle to go back so we get quite a good look though this is not a photograph that I took as I am never quick enough getting my camera ready.


And so to the garden.

This insect landed on the pond net and I have no idea what it is. It's wings looked like a dragonfly but that pointed thick tail is just not like any I've seen before.

And of course we must finish with some funnies.




Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.
Angela x

9 comments:

Annie said...

Sorry I'm so late with my visits...I've taken in 5 tops for me this morning [it's what is needed when you lose weight :-)] and made another school Memory bear....a busy morning.
The event at the park looks great....so nice to get back to a bit of normality for everyone. Some really lovely stands too.
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

That looks like a fun event! Do you live far from the park? Apparently not. Is the restauration now finished? It all looks wonderful. Now all you need is a bit of good weather.
Has Lincoln got special links with the Air Force or aviation in general? I love fly overs and air shows.But I have never been able to convince my hubby to go to an air show....
Your funnies were good again today. I hadn't seen these yet and they made me smile.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Crafting With Jack said...

The Broad-bodied chaser is a common dragonfly - copied from the Net! I have never seen one so can’t be that common 🤣
Loved the funnies especially end one.

Chana Malkah said...

Looks like a great fete and I am sure a great time was had by all!

Hugz,
Chana

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am having trouble leaving comments. In fact, for nearly two days, even though I kept refreshing, there was no comment box at all. This was especially true for embedded comment boxes, but some of the pop-ups were equally bad. It must have been a Blogger glitch.

What a great fair. We usually have ours in October. It's amazing how fairs across the pond still look similar and sell similar items, even down to the fine art. I LOVED that carousel "toy." I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for sharing your fair. We don't have rides at fine art fairs, but we have them at county fairs. Cute funnies, too. Hope your weekend was fabulous, Angela.

Crafty Claire said...

Where abouts is your park? I'm visiting Lincoln this summer. I'm with family and not sure what the schedule is but if we're near to the park I'd love to have a walk around as I feel I know it already!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

That fair looks wonderful, Angela, and what a great inauguration for the park re-do! It seems like you had lots to see and do there, and having Spitfire involved with a flyover is the icing on the cake.

Love your funnies, as always - happy week, my friend! xo

Mac Mable said...

Loved the spitfire and what a friendly and lovely looking Summer fair....good to see people out and about x.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10