Monday 19 July 2021

Masterboard Monday. Use it or Lose it.

  Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with this Masterboard:


Following my earlier project here: I decided to have a go at using up some papers that I'd got from a magazine.
This Masterboard is A4 in size.

These were the original papers. 

Christmas papers! but not sure I'll keep going with these as I have other projects on the go but at least I've made a start. 

To start the project the paper is cut into strips.


As seen here.


I've cut them at 2cm or 3/4" inch but it's up to you.


I like to lay them out first to get an idea of the layout.


And then attach them with wet glue.


Then snip around the edge to remove the waste bits but don't throw them away as I'm sure we'll find a use for those later.

I cut these into four pieces and then they were ready to mount up.


The kitties just had to take centre place they are so sweet with their little hats which I found in my stash.


The sentiments are die cuts.


A sentiment and a ribbon is really all you need for this design.


The die cut on this card was by Spellbinders.
And these are the cards I completed.


Now if you're not a lover of Masterboards you can do the design directly onto the card blank.


A tip here for you is to turn the end over to the shape it will be when trimmed and then you know where to apply the glue.



Trim as you go along then you can see where you're up to better.


As you can see a little goes a long way.


It may take a while to make the Masterboard but the cards are quick.

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

I would like to enter one of my cards in the following Challenges:
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge 126 - "Critters"

12 comments:

Rocío G. Tizón said...

Wonderful proyect! I'm your new follower. May you follow me back?
Regards and have a nice day!

R's Rue said...

This is absolutely so creative and wonderful. Great job. Happy Monday.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Craftyfield said...

I have tons of Christmas papers from magazines I could use that way (they're rarely getting used otherwise). If only I could get a bit of enthusiasm in this heat... and my mojo came back from its self isolation!
But unlike me, I see you've been as busy and creative as usual! Have a great week and keep cool if you can. x

Crafty Claire said...

A great way to use up those magazine papers which seem to multiply when your back is turned!

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Angela, I'm really loving this type of card. Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is really cool and looks like so much fun! I've done various patchworks in the past, but never strips like these. Love it! Hugs, Autumn

Spyder said...

I've just done this with a card ...no...I mean I did it a week ago, time just wizzzzes by! love it! The Card!
((Lyn))

Crafting With Jack said...

Loving this idea and hoping to remember to give it a try when we get back home.

Chana Malkah said...

Angela, this is so impressive! Thanks for the step-by-step! I really need to give this a try.

Hugz,
Chana

Win Dinn, Artist said...

These look fabulous, Angela, and make the thought of Christmas in July almost bearable...thanks for the great tutorial!

Laurie said...

Wow! What an a mazing background you have created with the variety of papers. Love the kitty stamps as well. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!!

ionabunny said...

Fabulous herringbone background and very cute kitties. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10