Monday 5 July 2021

Use it or Lose it Monday.

  Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.


I am here today to show you a card made with more forgotten papers:

These were freebies from magazines and although they are lovely I still find it difficult to include them in my art work so I am making every effort to make myself use them or they will have to be passed on to someone who will make good use of them so here goes.

I've been looking through some old books and the internet and I found something called a Pin Wheel Tower card and thought I'd give it a go.


This type of card is so simple to make and the small one uses just one A4 piece of card cut into four pieces. The finished card fits in a C6 envelope.

 
One piece of card is cut at 5 3/4" x 4 1/4" and three at  2 3/4" x 4 1/4".
The large piece is folded at 3/4", 1 1/2", 2 1/4" and 3" and this becomes the centre piece that the other small pages are attached to.

I decided to see if I could make a similar card but bigger, very easy too and this one fits into a 5" x 7" envelope.


I have so many of these and don't seem to make use of them anymore so here they are.


I've layered the patterned paper for the front onto a plain matching card, added ribbon and a sentiment before attaching it to the card blank. 
I finished the front with some Stickles glitter Glue.


This is the main sentiment page with the gold strips added.


This is what they look like from above.


Now if you're like me you will have lots of left-over pieces and as we are here to use them up I have an extra project to show you.

Fist thing is to cut all that lovely paper into 3/4 inch strips (2cm) but these can obviously be any width you prefer. The length doesn't matter at the moment.


I like to have a little play around with the arrangement before deciding where they will go on the card.


Then you are ready to start attaching them leaving a small space between each strip, about a millimetre is okay.


You can trim away the waste as you go or leave it and cut round the whole card in one go.
This was a C6 card blank.


And this is how I finished this card with Altenew Enamel dots and Sentiment.


And when you've finished and there are still pieces left........don't forget the inside!

Next week I'm going to have a go at this with some left-over Masterboard.

I would love to hear your comments about today's project.
Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

6 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your projects. I thought you were going to weave those strips at first. Were they the really thin magazine papers? I very rarely use them. Sometimes you get a better quality set of papers as the gift. I have not seen the pin wheel card before, definitely one to try. The little gap between the strips is very effective, Angela

R's Rue said...

Your cards are always so darling. I love it. I hope you’re doing well my friend. Have a beautiful day full of love, joy and hope.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Crafty Claire said...

Great design I’m thinking it would be great as a scrapbooking card for a special birthday with photos of family events xxx

Sue said...

These are both fabulous Angela, I really like how you used the strips on the card, what a great idea! Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Gorgeous cards, Ang - and you're making such great use of those use it or lose it pieces. Your strips look fabulous on the tower card (how fun is that?!), and the leftover paper strips are wonderful too. Well done!

Mac Mable said...

Great use of your stored stash and the left overs Angela. Such a creative and unique first card and love the pretty effect on the second x.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10