Friday 13 August 2021

Friday Fun day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


Look at that face!


Maisie's favourite plant to eat. No idea what it is but she likes it.


Now I wonder if you know what this is?
He's very big and shiny!


It's a Great Diving Beetle and I can tell you he was definitely aiming for the pond.


They move very fast too even out of the water.
But as they can bite fish I found some other water for him away from the pond but that's not to say there aren't any more in the pond of course. 
They general eat dead things in ponds and will eat small fish so they are useful if you trust them to eat just dead stuff.


Now this is part of the rock collection that we acquired from the skip a few weeks ago.


Him-in-doors is now out-of-doors and moving the rocks.


That will do for now, needs a few plants and other decorative elements.


That is looking a bit better.


Just need to find some way of covering that pipe but that's for another time.


I found this on top of the pond net when sorting the rocks. These really are quite beautiful.


Been in the park as usual this week.


There are some lovely quiet places like this where we walk the dogs.


This is another of the new metal art pieces.


These arrived today, I know what they are but do you? 
You might like to have a guess and I'm sure they will be erected by next week.

And before we finish for today a few Dog funnies obviously.


Sorry about that one but the dogs will appreciate it.
Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Super adorable photos of Maisie....Beetle not so much Angela!
Great recycling of the rocks and well done to DH for the hard work x.
What a beautiful dragonfly (?), so delicate.
Striking metal art installation in the park and looking forward to the surprise ...perhaps next week? x. Thanks for the funnies too Angela x. Enjoy your weekend x.

Dotty Jo said...

Another lovely post! Jo x

Annie said...

I love the look on Maisie’s face....she looks so guilty lol. The rock creation is looking good. The dragonfly is gorgeous. I had to chuckle at the dog funnies esp the pooh one....having a dog makes you an expert at it lol.
Hugs,
Annie x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Maisy is adorable and amazing shot of the butterfly! xx

mamapez5 said...

I love the shot of Maisie chomping on her favourite plant. We have a weed that attracts our dogs. It has quite a strong herbal smell. They grab some every time we pass it.
Your first funny made me smile. I would love to cool our dogs down with water but they hate it and run a mile if we get a hose out. But they do like to lie spreadeagled on the cool floor times. We bout them an 'ice mat' but they are unimpressed!
A good salvage of rocks. An area of rock garden can be really pretty. It is no easy matter heaving them around to where you want them though.
Not sure about the wood but it will be supporting something special soon I am sure.
I hope your week goes well. Kate x

Mary Anne said...

LOL! Love the funnies. Makes me smile for sure. Also, the garden - stunning and your own from-the-skip mini Stonehenge is cute :) Not sure about that beetle. I suppose it has it's place in the ecosystem but still. Love ath art - makes me long to visit our local outdoor sculpture garden....soon...

Happy so very late WOYWW.
Mary Anne (1)

Lisca said...

Those photos of Maisie are delightful. Funny that she should prefer that particular plant. Does she eat it or just bite/chew it? Oh well, we all have our likes and dislikes.
Your rock garden is looking lovely. Is there going to be a bonsai on the top?
The dragonfly is beautiful. We have deep blue ones and they are a delight.
No, I have no idea what those railway sleepers are for. Some structure in the park no doubt. I'm sure you will show us when the time comes.
Your funnies had me chuckling. Especially the summer activities.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Crafty Claire said...

Hello I'm back from my travels and having a catch up. We loved Lincoln and I'm so glad we had a short while to visit your park. It makes the Friday Smiles even more interesting. It seems like you have a wildlife reserve in the back garden all to yourselves. Have a lovely week. I'm off to see what else you've been up to xxx

Lindart said...

Hi Angela! Great progress in the garden! Are those boxes for a raised vegetable garden? I love all the "wild life" we encounter outside in the garden, the beetle is awesome, and the dragonfly - well, my favourite insect! SO beautiful and delicate! Maisie looks so funny with the leaves in her mouth, like a dinosaur! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #23

Sue said...

Aww just look at that face, Maisy looks SO happy. The funnies made me laugh, water biting is definitely a thing isn't it lol. Have a very happy, crafty week, Sue xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I always enjoy seeing your surroundings, Angela, and your doggo funnies are just the best! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10