Monday 16 August 2021

Masterboard Monday with Left-Overs.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with this Left-over Masterboard using a technique I have not used before.


Don't worry if you think this looks blurred it was the technique that I'd used. 
I applied inks to the paper allowed them to run and then blotted the paper lightly.


This first card was made by Dotty Jo who directed me to the technique some time ago here done by Galina Filippenko but until now I hadn't got round to trying it out. 
It is called "Rotated Inlaids".


This is the example by Galina.

So lets get started!


I found this piece among the left-overs and the colours immediately reminded me of the technique I had seen ages ago so it had to be done.


I picked out a few dies that looked the part.


And this is the first stage. Before starting to add the diecuts you need to attach this to a base card so that the diecuts have something to adhere to.


Keep all the diecuts nice and safe because you are going to need them again.


I've placed them in different positions. You will need at least two of each die cut so that you can swap them around.


And this is the first card I made.
The design is so pretty that it seems a shame to add anything else so I splattered some white paint very lightly, included a clear ribbon, gems and a sentiment then layered it with Kraft and white card and I'm sure you'll agree that's definitely finished.


This close up shows the splatters a little better.


For the second card I decided to try and add a border with yet more left-over card which had been cut into strips. I know it's crazy but I had kept them from an earlier project.


Then added another left-over piece from the project that I had stamped with a sentiment.
All layered again with Kraft and white card, finished with gems and we're good to go!


I am absolutely in love with this technique so I'm sure you will see it again sometime. 
Might even give it a go with some patterned papers.

Hope you like it too.

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

8 comments:

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

Sue said...

Wow Angela what a fabulous technique! Your cards are so pretty and I love the way you've made a frame out of the scraps. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous technique, the colours are lovely.

Susan Renshaw said...

Loving this technique, Angela. Beautiful cards!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Gorgeous cards, Angela...and what a wonderful technique. The cards seem very ethereal and filled with light. I love it that you saved those thin strips from another project...I do that all the time, which is why I have exploding boxes of different sizes all over the studio. We are both nuts, I think, which is why you inspire me so. :D

SewPaperPaint said...

It's such a great technique and your cards turned out beautifully. Love these soft colors too. Hugs, Autumn

Crafty Claire said...

Brilliant technique. Will definitely give this one a go xx

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous colours and what a striking and fabulous technique. Beautiful cards and always great to use up things we have kept Angela x.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10