Friday 6 August 2021

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
 

When I was out in the garden one day I noticed this next door.


I was worried at first as he didn't seem to be moving much.


Then he lifted his head.


And a little more.


And then had a bath.


He had no interest in me and continued with the job in hand.


And when he'd finished he just sat back where he had started. He quite obviously felt very comfortable sitting in the water where it was cool and who could blame him!


And me, well I've been hiding in the cabin for a while and then went to the Craft Club.


As you can see we are well spread out and always wear our masks when moving around.

We were making shaker cards today.


Not something I would normally make but great fun.

The rest of the week did not go so smoothly as my mother had a fall. 
They took her into hospital for a check up and then brought her back the next day. She seems okay.

Then we realised that Stan wasn't quite himself so took him to the vet's. Apparently he has an enlarged prostate and the vet has put him on medication so fingers crossed it does the trick.
Guess these things just come to try us.
Maisie on the other hand is doing well on her medication thank goodness.


I decided I needed something to brighten things up a bit so got these lovely flowers.


And for a little distraction I trimmed the fig tree.


Though to be honest you can hardly tell as it's massive but no fruit again.


The leaves are massive.
No wonder Adam and Eve found them useful Lol!

And a few funnies to finish off.


Unfortunately Stan couldn't manage this at the moment.

How cute is this, could be Maisie and Stan.



I'm sure if you have a dog this will be all to familiar.

We used to have a Bearded Collie and the groomers he went to used to finish him off with some sweet smelling hair spray and you can imagine the things he used to find to get rid of it!

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

12 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Angela. So sorry to hear about your mums fall and poor Stan. I really hope both go on well. I’m sure those flowers helped...they are some of my favourites. I chuckled at the size of your fig leaves and your dog funnies never fail to make me laugh....Milly has been trimmed this week and several times has sat shivering just to make a point lol
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

I laughed at your funnies. The Spanish groomers tend to use a lot of perfume on the dogs and I hate it as much as they do. I now go to an English girl and Kim came home with just the faint smell of shampoo on him.
The pigeon looked very happy in his 'cool place'. My cats would stop them being that comfortable any where near us.
I am sorry your mum had a fall. I hope she doesn't have too many bruises and aches from it.
Let's hope the medication works for Stan. The animals give us almost as many worries as the children did (still do!).
Kate x

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post

Sue said...

Your garden is looking wonderful, our fig tree is doing really well this year too. I hope your mum gets over her fall really quickly, and that Stan gets well soon too! Take care and have a great weekend, Sue xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Such sad news about your mother. I hope she is better soon. Poor Stan. That is a problem with older males, but I had no idea it was in dogs, too.

It's good the pigeon is OK, and just trying to keep cool. Loved the joke you created about the fig leaf. Those ARE big leaves.

Laughed at the funnies. Never took my dogs to a groomer, but I still enjoyed the joke. Have a super Friday, weekend, and new week. See you here in two weeks, dear Angela.

Mac Mable said...

So sorry to hear about your Mum and Stan Angela x. I shall be thinking of you and hope the medication for Stan does the trick x.
We have pigeons who do much the same in our bird bath and seem quite at home. What a great place to hide in that fabulous crafty cabin x. What pretty flowers and had a little chuckle about the fig leaves and the funnies at the end x.

R's Rue said...

Sending hugs

Lisca said...

Oh dear, your mum had a fall again! What a worry. I hope she is OK now. It makes you jump every time the phone rings.
And poor Stan with his prostate problem. I suppose he is a little old man by dog standards...
I loved seeing the bird taking a bath.
Your shaker card is cute. Yes, not quite your style, but I'm sure you could think of someone to send it to.
The funnies are hilarious. I had a good old giggle.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Lillianb said...

So sorry to hear that your Mum had a fall but glad she seems okay, and hope Stan is better soon.

I love figs straight from the tree had a large tree where I used to live, Love the funnies,

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #10

pat brennan said...

Enjoyed reading and looking at what you have been up to.
I haven't been active on WOYWW for such a long time and I lost my Artistic mojo ages ago. I am hoping for inspiration looking at prolific artists like yourself.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's fall, and Stan's prostate issue...those two things along would have put a real damper on your week. I'm glad you got yourself some flowers to lighten the week! As always, love your funnies! xo

Crafty Claire said...

Sorry to hear about your mum and Stan. Hope they both are making good recoveries xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10