Friday 7 October 2022

Friday fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

This way to Shrewsbury!

Last weekend was so good as it was the first trip away from home in a very long time. 
Saturday I met up with some lovely ladies that I had known for a long time but never met face to face. 

It is with many thanks to Annie and Jo for organising everything and making me feel so welcome.


 
So many lovely ladies that I have known for such a long time and never met, what a pleasure.
 
 
Here's Caro just proving that we did do some crafting.

 
Can you see the two ladies at the end there?

 
Here they are the lovely Annie and Jo.

 
And here are Christine and Julia.

 
A bit of colouring from me.
Just testing out the new Tim Holtz watercolour pencils.


And a photograph of us all together. 


This is Peartree Cottage. 
They have a lovely little place attached to the main house where you can stay.

It's very noticeable here that the older properties have red sandstone walls these are not bricks.


It looked much tidier than this when we arrived! but it's cosy and perfect for us as we could take the dogs too and that's their crate by the door.

We also visited the church down the road which is 11th Century and called St. Andrews and I'm sure you'll agree it's lovely.


 
Red walls again.


Oh and then there was the pub...... Watch out for the red stone again!

  

There it is on the path.

 
Lovely cosy place to eat called the 3 Pigeons.

One of my meals was this Mushroom risotto which also had the Shropshire Blue cheese in it, very tasty.

Jo kindly made some Twiddle mits for the Crop as I had mentioned my mum would like one and here she is trying it out.

I think she likes it.


No funnies today but Daisy is here to make you smile.

I so hope I get chance to see the ladies again some time.

Now where did that week go!
Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

4 comments:

Annie said...

We were lucky enough to be able to share lots of the smiles this week....so lovely to see the pic of your Mum enjoying her twiddle mitt too.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. I only recognized you and Annie. I bet you had a great time.
I love the photo of your mother with the twiddle mit.
And of course little Daisy is very photogenic! She did make me smile.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Helen said...

what a great place you found to stay, it looks cosy and inviting. Great photo of all of us! it was a lovely day, went far too fast Have a good weekend

Kyla said...

ooh how lovely, gutted I missed this one as not see the others for about 4 years now! So inspirational and some great chats and cake too usually!
Love the twiddle mit, such a great idea.
Thanks for visting my desk already (and love the violin on your Wednesdays update too)
kyla #16

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10