Wednesday 12 October 2022

WOYWW -697 - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi Workdesk friends. 
We are here for another Wednesday at the Workdesk and here is:
"What's on my Workdesk this Wednesday".


If you don't know what this is all about then please visit the
 
Stamping Ground, our host Julia will explain.

So here is my desk for today!
 

 
New dies by Paula Pascual. 
Look forward to playing with these.


Stamping with Tracy Evans stamps but not sure at the moment where it's going. I'm doing this while I wait for the violin bits to set.
 
As we were quite busy when we got back last week I was short of time to show you the lovely ATCs and cards etc that I received so I'm showing you them here today.

 
Some of the ladies were asking about the idea using scraps of papers to create a new Masterboard so I'm including that idea today.
It's a patchwork of strips and could be done with fabric, printed papers, napkins, wrapping papers, washi tape left-over masterboards and rice papers too.
Once they are attached to a background card they can be cut and mounted onto a card blank and then embellishments and sentiments added but of course you could scan the original and then you have a copy to use again later which is great if you are batch making.


These were some I made for Christmas last year.

I actually did this one on A4 rather than A3.

I hope the photographs explain the process.


Once the pieces are attached just trim the edges.


If I've forgotten anything just ask.
I love this technique as I am not good at throwing bits of left-over paper away.

And of course a bit more of my violin project too but I'll make it short.
 
 
You remember the new Octopus mould well I've made some of the tentacles which you can see here attached along the side section but still some way to go yet.

 
So that's me done for today.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you will pop over and join in the visits around the other desks.

 I'm off now to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a great woyww 
and 
happy crafting,


Angela x

14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the master board tutorial you’ve shared today, so satisfying to use up scraps and end up with something useful as well! So sorry we didn’t meet at the Crop, there’ll be another time, I’m sure.
Hugs LLJ 1 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for sharing such great fun ideas. Love your new stamps. And thanks to you long ago I love making the master boards. Some fun ATC's from the crop, I love 'tiny art' That violin is quite the project. Glad you are having fun with it. We are enjoying a much needed rain....was getting dangerously dry with all the field work fires are so dangerously quick burning. And in the country water is not readily available in fields. Have a great week

Neet said...

The violin will be lovely when it is finished, looking good already.
I see you got two of Paula's dies, I only got the book one I brought to the Crop and the one for using on any size/shape paper. Enjoy - as much as I have - they can be addictive.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Christine said...

That tracy evans stamp looks interesting . . . . and the masterboard instructions are good, must try this one out . . . . instead of throwing out, stick it down sort of thing!! lol
Christine #

Helen said...

I love that patchwork masterboard! Great idea . Have a good week Helen #3

Annie said...

Hi Angela,
It's been another crazily busy day for me with the Advent calendars flying out my door as soon as I put them up for sale so my feet have only just stopped for a quick break and time to visit a few of my favourite blogs.
I really enjoyed making my ATCs for the crop and thought I might use the method for my Christmas cards this year :-) I love the details on the violin.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Julia Dunnit said...

Fingers in lots of stuff this week Angela, you are an inspiration! It would not have occurred to me to use the tentacles like that on the violin, they look great!

Crafting With Jack said...

One of the challenges at Gecko Galz was for patchwork, I think your master card idea would fit the bill! Have a great week, Angela #16

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your desk looks suitably busy and I love the look of the new dies. The masterboard using up papers looks great. I made some journal fodder in a similar way. Happy WOYWW, Chrisx

Sarah Brennan said...

Love that background technique Angela - I hate throwing out scraps too. The tentacles look great on the sides of the violin. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Mary Anne said...

Fab MB tutorial! and I love that sample, but the tentacles really make me say WOW. Just fab. The ATCs are lovely - and another thing I was sad to miss by missing the crop. Ah well, next time...
Back to being late, but only slightly.
Mary Anne (2)

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Your desk is always such a cornucopia of richness that it's like visiting a candy store as a child. Looking forward to seeing that violin finished, and I'm LOVING that card. Using all those leftover bits is brilliant!

My name is Cindy said...

Always good to use up scraps, I do it all the time, so satisfying and sometimes really cool effects!! I call it Frankenpaper!! Your desk is so busy this week, are those the wonky book dies? I had intended to use the set Neet gave me at the crop by now but really not much is getting done except in the garden, it's been glorious. And is why I am so late. Nearly recovered fr Covid, was a little blip I could have done without but hey ho what can you do. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx

Crafty Claire said...

The new dies look very interesting. I shall look forward to seeing what you do with them xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10