Friday 14 October 2022

Friday fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

Last Saturday was the wedding reception for my friend's daughter and we had a lovely evening with the family.

Before that lots of gardening took place.

Look at this little beauty. If you know anything about Bonsai you may have heard of Harry Tomlinson (sadly now deceased) who was the original owner of the Greenwood Gardens near Nottingham. It was on one of our visits there that he dug this tree out of the ground for me then trimmed and planted it, an experience I will never forget. I thought it was the wrong time of the year to do it but he just looked at me and said "We do it because we can" and that's about 15 years ago so obviously he was right!


 

This is not a job I love but needed to get the Lily leaves out and managed not to fall in Lol!. 


 All done. 

The only problem with this is that the Heron has a better view of the fish. We did have a visit recently but managed to scare it off.

 
 In a garden as big as this there are always things to cut back and stacks of stuff to get rid of.

I had to show you this little fellow that we found in the garden. They talk about mole skin being soft and I can tell you they are right, his fur was so very soft.

 
No idea what he was doing above ground but I guess they can't live for ever.


How ever there are others as we had a new mole hill today.


I so love this, we appear to have lots of them at the moment.

Dog funny?
 
 
I actually prefer the Schnauzers to the wine!

Just one for today.
Not really funny but certainly true at our house!
 

Gosh it's a dog's life here!
You can probably see they like each other!
 
Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for "This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

5 comments:

Annie said...

I love your bonsai tree...our son is getting into bonsai :-) Your pond looks fab but hope the heron stays away for you. Your fur babies always make me smile.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Well done you with cleaning the pond. It looks very nice now, and inviting as you rightly say. I hope the heron stays away.
What a lovely bonsai. I love the story behind it. Something to be proud of.
It's wonderful that your fur babies get on so well together. (Well, probably not all the time...)
Your Mr Mole died in your garden but has many family members that continue to ruin your lawn.
Thanks for showing photos of the wedding.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

Hi Angela. My internet has been down today so I am flying round the other blogs now trying to catch up. The wedding reception looks lovely and your bonsai is beautiful (even though I do not really like bonsais a great deal). You pond is begger than I thought, and the heron certainly has a good view now.
When we cut one small tree back I always amazed at how much debris it makes, so i can imagine you have a fair bit to dispose of, but your garden always looks lovely and tidy!
Let sleeping dogs lie as the saying goes. Your two look so contented together.
Hope you have a good week. Kate x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a great week you've had, Angela. Really, is there anything more hopeful than a wedding (except maybe for a garden. ;-) ). Have a fabulous upcoming week, my friend - may it be just as filled with hope as the last.

Crafty Claire said...

Lucky to see a mole like that, even a deceased one. Not so lucky to have them decorate your lawn for you though. A lovely photo of your furry friends to make us smile. Thank you. Have a lovely weekend xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10