Friday 10 November 2023

Friday Fun Day.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


We had a visit to the local garden centre and had breakfast before having a walk round.


You might be able to see there are names running along the edge of the wall. These are all names of Clematis which the Garden centre is well known for. They have been growing and developing these since the 1880's.


This is Charles Pennell one of the early owners of the Garden Centre which is still run by a member of the family.


Christmas is obviously on it's way!


The tins are so interesting.


They have been very busy getting everything ready for the first visitors during Half Term.


I wonder who will sit here?


Penguins and Poplar Bears together! odd really as they don't live in the same place in the wild.


Nice bike.


These singing penguins seem to get every where.


Very pretty.


A massive village here. You can buy the parts to build this up but it would be rather costly and need a lot of room too.


It was raining but I just had to photograph these, they would look great round my pond but maybe I'll have a better look at them another day.

This should make you smile.......


Brushing time for Alfie.
He is ready for a haircut really so trying to keep him tidy until he goes to the groomers.

And of course we have to finish with a few more funnies too.




And that's just proof thast I love Schnauzers except when they dig up large holes in the garden.......which someone did this week!

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.


Angela x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW. Our garden centers don't go all out like that. I also liked the bike. I agree that polar bears and penguins don't live anywhere near each other. That Christmas Village is amazing, but I agree. Where would you find room for it, or even where to store it.

Sweet looking Alfie, and I loved your funnies, too. Have a super Friday and rest of the weekend, dear Angela.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, to the penguins and... aw, well. That´s a never ending story.
Now to a very dumb question. Alfie needs grooming? We had a German shepherd dog and I swear she never got groomed and her hair was always short.
Because different breed? What would Alfie do "in the wild" - be a happy Hippie?
Love the x-ray.
Buh to that someone ;-)
Have a Friday full of smiles, hugs x

mamapez5 said...

Oh I love all those decorations. The garden centres do have such wonderful displaya. It just isn't such a big thing over here, and garden centresa mostly only sell plants!
I had similar fun trying to brush the cats this morning. They go next door and pick up tiny burs that are very prickly and get caught deep in their fur if I don't constantly brush them out. But they are getting used to it and don't put up too much ofa fight now. Kate xx

Annie said...

I'm very late visiting this week....I had another busy day yesterday and went to see our grandaughter Lulu in her school performance of Grease last night...she was brilliant so lots more memories made.
Your post has made me smile a lot today...I love all the Christmas decorations and the funnies really made me smile.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

I love the Christmas displays at garden centers. I went to one in October. A bit early, I'll admit, but it was gorgeous. Yours is too. Lots of beautiful things. and really nice presents and decorations for sale.
I know I'm really late, but better late than never!
Hugs,
Lisca

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous garden centre photographs.x. I love the sleigh. We have singing reindeer at our nearest garden centre.. Angela x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

That's an amazing garden centre you have there...it's so well togged up for Christmas already, and filled with the kinds of things that make one wish for snow! Thanks for all the lovely photos (and the dog funnies, too, of course!). Happy week to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10