Friday 3 November 2023

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

One of my favourite things last Saturday at the Craft Club.


Good turn out as usual and here you can see my desk, slightly more tidy than the one I normally use!


Packets of spare card, Tim Hpltz Watercolour pencils, scissors, trimmer and my little fabric bin bag all ready for the fun to begin oh! and a cup of coffee obviously!


We were using a stamp by Indigo Blu. 
Stamped two images and cut sections off one of them to create the depth.


I created a couple of these cards, playing around with different colours and configuration. 
we also cut a border which was raised by the use of 3D tape.

You may well see me come back to these again for another play.

I also made these on Tuesday ready for the Halloween visitors, scrummy.....


We didn't have too many visitors so hubby was happy as there were more for him!

The same day we were walking the dogs in the park and thought we saw a large brown dog walking in front of us until we got closer and realised it was a Muntjac deer.
Sadly I wasn't quick enough to photograph it before in ran off. 
If you've never seen one this is what they look like:


We are seeing these more and more around Lincoln.

Going to finish there but a bit of Schnauzer knowledge.
Here are a few famous people who have had these dogs.


Clark Gable


Errol Flynn


George W. Bush


Liza Minnelli


Mary Tyler-Moore


Simon Pegg

Just look at those faces, they know who's important in this photograph Lol!

There are lots more but think that's enough for you to see how popular schnauzers are.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

8 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Well spotted on the deer. I can see why you thought it was a big dog at first.
I always envy your craft group sessions. You seem to be given an idea with lots of room to develope it in your own style. Some of the ones I went to back in the day, were more rigidly organised so we all came away with very similar cards. Though I must say i went some lovely ones as well, just not a regular class like yours. Your cards this time are very pretty. Kate x

Annie said...

How lovely to see the deer while out walking...even if you didn't get a pic. I love the dog pics...so well loved by all. I chuckled while we were away when a lady looked at Milly and said 'oh look it's Toto' [the dog from The whizzard of Oz].
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful cards! I never knew about Muntjac deers.
Cute famous dog-pics ;-)
Have a wonderful weekend xXx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the deer! SchNautzer sind evidently in! Glad your craft club went well. Love the stamps you used. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

LA Paylor said...

I love a schnauzer... one of my poodles best friends was a schnoodle...very engaging and beautiful mix.
your card is so well done
LeeAnna

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those cards are absolutely stunning. I was really impressed. You make great cards and I admire them (grin).

I've never heard of a Muntjack deer before, but I like in the city where there are none.

Lots of famous people seem to have owned schnauzers. Hope you have and are having a fabulous weekend, dear Angela.


Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention that here in the states, we are no longer allowed to pass out fruit or homemade goodies. We can pass out sealed candy, pencils, and bright sticks on Halloween.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Looks like you had a great time with those cards - they are just terrific! And your Halloween treats have me drooling.

Little wonder that your hubby is happy with the lack of treaters coming to the door.

I'd not heard of that type of deer - what a treat to see one up close!!

Happy week, Angela - may creativity abound in your world! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10