Monday 27 April 2015

Masterboard Monday

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here again to show you what I made with the Masterboard that my friend Gloria sent me for this month's swap.

I have made a Mini Book, requirements for this are the Masterboard, black card and any embellishments you fancy.

I began by making a drawing of what I wanted the folder and pages to look like and then worked out the measurements and made a pattern.
I knew how I wanted it to look but always like to work the idea on paper first.

I started by cutting out the cover, pages and spine in black card:

The Measurements for the card are as follows:
The Cover:   14.5" x  4.5"
The Spine:    11" x 4.5"
The Pages:    9"  x  4.5
(which are foded in half)
 
I scored these and put them on one side while I prepared the matting and layering pieces using the Masterboard below.
                  
                                  
 
 
 
And this is how I made the book.
 
I trimmed some textured card for the first layer and attached these.
 
 
 
Here you can see the cover for the book when folded.
 
 
I used stamps by Sheena Douglas to add extra detail to the Masterboard and then cut out the sections and layered them up.


 
Here you can see the spine once it was scored and inserted.


 I am not going to show you every page as there are so many but here are a few samples.
 
Front Cover.
Adding metal corners, dragonfly, ribbon, gems and a Tim Holtz fastener.

 
Spine.
This is the large butterfly which I have cut out and attached.

 
The flourishes are heat embossed and the butterfly finished with glaze, stickles and gems.
 
Pages.

 
 


 
 
This should give you some idea of how this little book was made and what it looks like finished.
 
Hope you enjoyed looking.
I would love to know what you think of this piece.
 
Happy crafting,
 Angela x

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Well, I didn't have to wait long did I? One of the bonus of catching up! Absolutely stunning Angela! The masterboard was gorgeous but you've added to it and what a professional looking wallet you've created...superb! Ruth x

Redanne said...

Another absolutely stunning creation Angela, I love the added stamping and also the way you created the spine. Just simply beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Lovely book, Angela - and I like the step out. Clear and understandable! I'm very drawn to your colour scheme...so soft.

Deb said...

Angela, that is so lovely! Love how it wraps closed and all your embellishments and stamping complement the master board perfectly.

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely stunning Angela!!
Your stamping is fabulous- and I adore the butterfly addition to the spine.
I have never made one of these before,but I believe I am going to give it a go!
Thanks for sharing my friend! Off to catch up on your posts! xx

pam said...

Well Angela, all I can say is Fantastic!!!!.
love your beautiful book, colours an gorgeous stamping..Thank you for the clear Tut..
Hugs Pam x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10