Monday 8 December 2014

Masterboard Monday# Christmas is Coming.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Hi crafty friends, hope you are all well.
Christmas is coming and all too fast now. It felt like we had ages but now it's nearly here so need to get the cards finished and sent off.
I'm still making cards using my earlier Masterboards or bits of them at least.

And this is my offering for today.
Here is the original Masterboard.


 
For this card I started off by embossing a piece of green vellum using the Tim Holtz Snowflake embossing folder that comes with this die.


 
The close-up shows the detail of the embossing.

 
But to make it stand out more, I have gently rubbed over the embossing with Perfect Medium 
and then embossed with silver embossing powder.


 
Next I used the die to cut into a piece of green card.
I embossed this card with a textured embossing folder and then rubbed over this with gilding wax.



I also embossed the right edge of the card itself with a border folder and rubbed this with light sandpaper to remove the colour.
The only part of this card which comes from the original masterboard is the label I used to mount the sentiment on (bottom right).
I attached a small bell to some green cord which was wrapped round the topper and then mounted everything onto the main section.
I also added an extra snowflake to the top and several smaller ones around the card.

 
This close-up shows the snowflake clearly.

 
Hope you liked the design.

A few more cards to follow yet and then I getting back to some test pieces and BP Mini Me is eager to get off his shelf and go Walkabout so he may be out and about over Christmas Lol!


Back later in the week with more Christmas cards.

Thanks for stopping by and all your lovely comments. I will always return the favour and visit you.


Back soon,
Angela x

6 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Angela! I love the layering and all the wonderful greens you used! Beautiful snowflakes dies! Another fabulous Christmas card! hugs :)

Jackie PN said...

mmmm! love the greens!!
Every time you come up with a new color scheme, it makes it harder for me to pick my favorite! ")
hugs Angela- have a great week!

Redanne said...

The greens are beautiful Angela and I love, love, love the layered snowflake! Hugs, Anne xx

Carole Z said...

Love this Masterboard, fab snowflake & great green, hugs Carole Z x

pam said...

Fabulous Christmas card you have created Angels, lovely colour and design.
Pam

Ruth said...

I should emboss on vellum more often and with the addition of the silver embossing it takes it to another level. Beautiful Angela. Ruth x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10