Monday 29 December 2014

Masterboard Monday and Playtime.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

After all that card making for Christmas I really felt like I needed to have some playtime.

I have been trying out some techniques on my Picasa3 program.
I have been copying many of my Masterboards, mainly so I could remember what I've made but also so I have them available to use again or even to give away, if anyone wants a copy.
I have some card that I decorated using stencils but wanted them in different colours so I copied the design and scanned it into my computer.
I like to use Picasa but that is just my preference.
These are some samples that I ended up with.

Here you can see the original which I made with Gesso, distress inks and a stencil.


 
And here are some of the results of my Playtime.
 
 


 
Now they are a bit different from the original or what!

Not sure yet what I will use these for but I certainly had good fun making them.

I shall probably have some more examples from another Masterboard to follow soon and who knows maybe some uses for them.

Happy crafting,
 
Angela x




8 comments:

pam said...

These look brilliant Angela, I had a free Picasa years ago, just took over a lot of programs on my computer, so removed it. I use other programs now..Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
.Wishing you A Very Happy New Year 2015..
Pam x

Jackie PN said...

Wow Angela- a change in color and a whole different look!! Very cool designs!! xo

Redanne said...

Oh, very clever! I have Picasa but I don't know how to use it properly! Love what you did though... Hugs, Anne xx

Shoshi said...

Oh wow, Angela, these are stunning! The original is absolutely beautiful, and makes me think I must do some like this... I took some photos several years ago of an oil painting my parents had been given (not a very good one and they were getting rid of it) and I zoomed in and created some fun backgrounds from images taken from different areas of the picture. I then maniuplated the colours in much the same way that you have, and have quite a few variations on file now! Your idea of digitising the masterboards is an excellent one and might encourage me actually to use the ones I've made instead of keeping them, and using them only as photographic backgrounds. Thanks for some cool ideas today!

Shoshi

Pamellia said...

Incredible Angela! So many different looks using the same base...amazing! until next time, big new years hugs :)

Carole Z said...

Just popping by, I haven't been back in my craft room yet, Tom is home this week and we are out a lot...these are stunning, very effective! Happy New Year to you! Hugs Carole Z X

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

These look amazing! Did you put a filter on them? I didn't realize you can manipulate photos to this extent in Picasa! Originally, it was just for organizing photos. I'd better look into this!

Ruth said...

Wow, these are stunning Angela, the original was gorgeous anyway! Apologies I'm late wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.....hope to visit more often now the festivities are over! Ruth x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10