Tuesday 16 June 2015

Chocolate Baroque Punky Flowers.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I decided to join in the challenge at Chocolate Baroque this month.

I love the colour scheme they have chosen so decided to give it a go.


And here's what I made and some stages in making.


I started by adding some crackle medium through a stencil.

 
 


Next I added some flower and leaf detail again using a stencil but this time by Tim Holtz.


 
Gradually the canvas developed.
 


I added colours to match with the challenge and this included acrylic paints and various colours of Treasure Gold.
 
At this stage I have added some tissue paper to the background, the Chocolate Baroque Punky Flowers which I stamped earlier and coloured using my Chameleon pens, a die cut sentiment, some die cut lattice thinlets and buttons.
I glazed most of the flowers and you can probably see that most of it is quite wet at this stage.


 
And the finished piece as it is now.

 
And a close-up.
 
 
Hope you enjoy looking and happy crafting,
 
Angela xXx
 
 
 
I am entering this in the Chocolate Baroque
Challenge for June challenge 11.
 
 

13 comments:

Julie Smith said...

Really beautiful project and brilliant step by step photos, thank you for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge.mgood luck xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Angela,
This is a stunning canvas, I love the Bg and also the flowers, The palette is very friendly to the eye.
Smiles:)
Sue

Redanne said...

I love the wonderful texture you created in the background and the colouring of the flowers is just gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

pam said...

Gorgeous canvas Angela, fabulous background, love those flowers an colors.
Hugs Pam x

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous, Angela, as always! Great colour scheme and lots of delicious texture. I love Choc Baroque stamps!

Thanks for your lovely comment - I've got a few more lavender bags and boxes in the pipeline but only to finish what I started. I'll be doing chemo angels next! so glad you like what I've done!

Not doing so well with my chemo this time and feeling pretty poorly, so I shan't be joining in with WOYWW this week.

Shoshi

Jackie PN said...

Beautiful indeed!! Love those colors and especially loving your added pastes for texture!! xo

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Angela!! I love the pinks and purples together and your background is stunning! Love your big flowers, what fun!! hugs :)

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh I love these colours, Angela...what a beautiful piece you've done.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh I love these colours, Angela...what a beautiful piece you've done.

Jan said...

I've never been creative so this all amazes me .,but I figure it's never too late to give my Hidden talent a go and just have fun and enjoy what I Can do . It's a journey . Right now I just figured out how to set up a blog after hours no days of try try try . This piece is beautiful

Jan said...

Omg this is you , I'm humbled . Keep on the road and enjoy the journey . Thanks again . Joy now jan

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design, congrats on your top 3 award. Shirleyx

SusanLotus said...

I love this canvas and the tecjniques you used are so inspiring!

Happy WOYWW!
Sussie nr 17

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10