Friday 5 June 2015

The Mirror Crack'd Challenge # 10 - Make a Shadow Box.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Here we are again for another challenge at The Mirror Crack'd and this month it's Shadow boxes.


To make it more interesting we have on offer a great prize from the:

                  WOODWARE CRAFT COLLECTION

With a prize of £12.00 to spend at your favourite Woodware Stockist, either in store or on line.


To find stockists in your area or to see the range visit the website www.woodware.co.uk.
 
Do hope you will pop over and join in with the challenge.

So here is my shadow box.

 
And the instructions for making this shadow box using the Graphics 45 Once Upon a Springtime papers and stamps.
 
 
I began with an old packaging box.
I mixed together white and tomato paint to create a colour similar to that on the papers and then covered the box with it.


When the  paint was dry I went over it with a thin coat of Crackle Glaze.
I like this particular one from Paper Artsy as it goes on very thinly so that when it's finished the surface is smooth enough to stamp on.


 
The next stage was to cover the glaze with the top colour.

 
And then watch the cracks develop.

 
This shows the type of crackle you can expect to get.
 
 
Once this was dry I began decorating the box and started by covering the inside with a sheet of the patterned paper.


Next I cut out and glazed the flowers.



 And added Stickles glitter glue to the fairy.

 
I used some of the stamps around the edge of the box.

 
And stamped some others onto white card ready to colour with the Chameleon pens.

 
I also cut out some trellising using this Memory Box Die.
I got this from Oyster Stamps.

 
I coloured the stamped images.
 
 
And then continued with the decoration.
And here we are all finished.




 
I very much hope you enjoyed looking.
A comment would be nice to let me know what you think.
 
Happy crafting,
 
Angela x
 
I am entering this project in:
The Altered Eclectics challenge for June - Mixed Media Anything Goes

 

11 comments:

Claudia N. said...

My, this is so gorgeous and magical, Angela! Love your fairy garden in a box! Great use of the G45 papers! Wow!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Kerstin F. said...

Really beautiful with one of my favourite paper collections. Hugs, Kerstin

Redanne said...

Those papers are wonderful Angela and so is your fantastic shadow box. I love that Memory Box die, it looks beautiful behind the wonderful flowers. Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

Oh yes - I VERY MUCH enjoyed looking Angela. Your shadow box is soooo lovely. It just reminds me of a little secret garden away from all cares. Thanks bunches for the inspiration. j.

Lula said...

What a gorgeous secret garden Angela!
Love your shadow box!

Jackie PN said...

OMGosh how sweet Angela!
Love the creativity here! xo

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Angela,
What a magical scene you have created with the G45 papers. A perfect choice to create your shadow box.
Smiles:)
Sue

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Stunning shadow box hun. The colors, elements are magical - gorgeous, just gorgeous xx

Carole Z said...

What a gorgeous shadow box, you've created a truly magical scene..beautiful! Hugs Carole Z X

hazel said...

A fantastic shadow box, I love how you've put all the elements together. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics.
xxx Hazel.

brittanymlemay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10