Friday 14 July 2017

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

This is one of the big trees in the park, very peaceful when we walked through there on Thursday but Saturday!

 
People and lots of them!
 
 
Saturday saw our lovely park full of visitors enjoying the Annual Summer Fair.
The entrance became a car park.
 

 
And everywhere was full of stalls and entertainment.



 
Such a sweet little train.


 
Stanley, probably wondering what's going on!


 
And Sunday it's all gone!
 



 
Apart from the numbers.


 
 
This is not a sight you see often. It just happened to be sitting right on the top of a water leak so had to be removed but it's back in it's rightful place now.
 
 
Can you see these!

 
Look closely because they are baby grapes growing in my garden!

 
We have had them before but not as many so we shall have to wait and see how they get on.



Before I forget, the artist from last week:

 
It's Richard Box what a talented artist, Annie (A Stitch In Time) and Shoshi got it right though I'm not surprised.
See that machine, they are the type I used to have when I was teaching, they just go on for ever, love them!
If you're interested I've put a link here so you can see his work. Take note of the sewing machine, he's obviously had it for sometime!

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

6 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

looks like a great day!

Lisca said...

What a lovely summer fair! And everything was neatly left behind (No rubbish that I can see) after it finished.
Grapes! Fab! Make sure you give them enough light and room to grow (trim accordingly, but keep them sheltered (as in don't trim too much that they are exposed to the worst of the elements)
The good ol' Bernina. My friend had one (probably still has it).
Have a great weekend,
and keep smiling,
Greetings from hot hot Spain,
Lisca

Annie said...

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!....I had my first customer through my door at 8 this morning and have had a steady flow since so have had my head down sewing til now so only just checking out all the smiles.
How lovely to see your park so well used Angela....and that they do such a good job of cleaning up after them too. There looks to be so much promise with the grapes....I really hope they don't disappoint.
I have a new Bernina...lovely machines normally but in full busy flow this morning mine started playing up so I had to quickly move over to my Janome until I've got time to play with the other one.....prob just needed a rest cos I've worked it hard lately lol.
Hugs,
Annie x

Cara said...

Wonderful photos, love all the activity in the park. I did feel sorry for that poor post box though. Totally jealous of your grapes. When we move house I'm going to have a grape vine, a fig tree, raspberry canes, a wisteria, an acer bed and a huuuge heuchera garden... Might need to but a house with 4 acres of land at this rate! Have a great weekend x

Shoshi said...

I love a village fair, Angela - so much fun with all the people enjoying a day out, and all the fun things to see and do. Your own grapes!! Will they make a good vintage, I wonder? Yaayyy I got it right - it was Richard Box! I knew it was... I saw him many, many moons ago and have always been impressed with his intricate work.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Shoshi

Shoshi said...

Thanks for the return visit, Angela. Someone told me once that if you pull of quite a few of the small grapes from each bunch, it gives the others room to grow bigger. Not sure if this works, though!

Shoshi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10