Friday 7 July 2017

Friday Fun Day with smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

Many of you already know that I was out last Friday so I apologise if I didn't get round to visiting you.
I was at the Hobbycraft Show at the NEC Birmingham.
This is the entrance which was decorated with a knitted beach, how cute is that.

 
Quite busy here as you can see.

 
This was on the Marbling For fun Stand.
So pretty.

 
I also had a walk round the exhibition area.
 
Where I found:
 
Rusting on Canvas.

 
Gorgeous landscape wall hanging.
Love it, such a talented lady.

 
There was so much sewing going on, it was an absolute pleasure to see so many talented artists at work with Textiles rather than all the paper crafting that used to be here.
It has definitely levelled out now.
I think there is as much textiles based products as there are Paper Crafting.



 
They also had an exhibition of Japanese costumes.


 




 
Gorgeous.
 
Felted waistcoat.
So love felting and really want to have a go at Needle felting which is much less messy than the wet felting I used to do.
 
 
Fusing fabrics.
So love these techniques.

 
I wonder how many of you know who this artist is?
He has certainly written a few books and is well known for his creative textiles work.
 
 
I will wait and see if you know who he is and give you the answer next week.
Such a tease Lol!
 
So love the detail on this work too.
 


 
I guess that's enough for one day.
 
Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

6 comments:

Annie said...

Oh wow. You sure know how to make me smile Angela. What a lot of amazing works of art. Thank you so much for sharing it all. Is the man Richard Box?....I have one of his books 'The Embroidered Countryside' if it is.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Wow! That was mind boggling! So many beautiful things. I love the kimonos. That big bow, am I right in thinking that is called an 'obi'? There are many meters of heavy silk in a kimono. They must cost a fortune!
I don't know who the artista is, I tried to read his name tag.... You are a teaser!
I love the dress at the end.So pretty and a great color combination.
Thanks for sharing all that loveliness,
Hugs,
Lisca

Cara said...

Wow, I want to play in the rock pools on that beach, amazing. So many wonderful projects on display there, I zoomed in to have a closer look. Like Lisca though, I still couldn't read his name tag, but did see that he was wearing a wrist support on his left hand - hope that doesn't stop him creating X

Elizabeth said...

Hi Angela, loved all the photos of textile crafts. I've also noticed that the emphasis at the Hobbycraft shows at the SECC in Glasgow has swung away from papercrafts to sewing and knitting. Must be the trend. I've no idea who the gentleman at the machine is - it's not Patrick Grant and it's not Kaffe Fasset, so who is - look forward to finding out next week :) Have a great weekend. Elizabeth xx

Shoshi said...

What a feast for the eyes, Angela. Love the Japanese costumes, and the knitted beach is such fun! I think the artist is Richard Box.

Shoshi

mamapez5 said...

The NEC show has sure changed with time, but what a lovely range of crafts to see. Some of the textile work is beautiful. (I guess it is all beautiful to someone, but I have my preferences). Glad you had a lovely, if exhausting time. Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10