Friday 24 August 2018

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

 
Found these in Morrisons Supermarket would you believe!
One of the ladies who works at the Dry Cleaners is a keen follower of the Steampunk Festival and these belong to her friend.
As you read this the Steampunk Festival will have started in Lincoln and I'm off tomorrow to take photos so you can expect to see some of them next Friday.
 
For now here are some things that made me smile this week.
The River Trust were out encouraging people to appreciate the importance of the waterways here in Lincolnshire.


In the garden I found this little snail climbing over my metal frog, he just looked so cute.

 
Not sure I've shown you this before but it was made by one of the pupils my hubby taught and as it was left unwanted it found it's way into the garden.
I can't imagine why he was not wanted as he is gorgeous! Makes me smile anyway.

 
Found this in the Park. Painted slate. Nothing written on it but guessing it's one of the Ninjas that left it there.

 
I had to show you this poor plant!
This is what is left of the lawn at the moment, pathetic, yet this Snap Dragon has found it's way onto the lawn and is looking quite healthy.


 Close-up.
 
 
What a Beauty!
 

 
Found this in the garden too.
 
They are so beautiful and this was a big one.

 
Not sure what happened to this one.
We do have lots of them, I believe because there is a lot of damp ground that our garden backs on to.
 

 Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
Next week is going to be very different but you will just have to wait and see what I have for you.
 
 If you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

7 comments:

Lisca said...

Yes, I am very much looking forward to your steampunk photos. I love all that stuff. My cousin in Friesland (the north of the Netherlands) went to their local steampunk happening, which had a fantastic parade. She sent me short videos. I'd love to show you them but they are on Facebook. Are you on facebook?
Yes, your lawn looks rather sad. The lawn is an Englishman's pride and joy and now all the lawns are brown.... A great shame. But really I am more worried about the crops in the field. I hope there won't be shortages next season.
I love your little chappie (the sculpture) in the garden. I can't imagine why he would be unwanted either.
Have a lovely week, and enjoy the steampunk festival.
Hugs,
Lisca

Lisca said...

I have just found out that the parade was a theatre company called Giants of Royal de luxe. Just google it and have a look at the videos. Spectacular!

Annie said...

I love the steam punk outfits so will be watching and waiting patiently. Your little snap dragon is a true survivor....how pretty. Hope you enjoy your week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, I'm loving the idea of a steampunk festival. I'll be by next Friday to see photos. I love that gorilla (at least I hope that I didn't get it wrong). I agree it's a beauty.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I appreciate it.

Bonnie Schulte said...

The SnapDragon flower, shows me, there is hope in our world, we too can survive what should come our way. A tiny flower can make it, so can we. Love that photo.

Jackie PNeal said...

Omgosh! your yard is in worse shape than ours! And yet that snapdragon found a place of its own! I agree with Bonnie above!
hugs my friend xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

LOL, your photo of the dried up lawn is almost identical to mine - hope it all came back to life by now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10