Friday 10 August 2018

Friday Fun Day

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

My favourite thing this week was Fish Hunting.
Well going to the fish farm actually to look for a new member for the pond.

We came back with this beauty.

 
It's a lovely place to visit with a great collection of Koi.
It's called Wayside Water Gardens and it's in Oldcotes near Worksop Nottingham.

 
Now which one to choose?


All gorgeous!
 

 
Their own pond is lovely.

 
And there are some very large fish in there too.





 
Back to my own garden.
 
The cacti are doing well. 
At least they seem to be enjoying the warm weather.

 
Grapes though they probably wont be sweet enough to eat.

 
Bonsai okay, been giving them plenty of water.


Wonder where Bill and Ben might be today.

Sorry if you don't know who they are. It probably means you are too young to remember or you don't live in the UK.


No rain again so my new garden sculpture has not started rusting yet.

 
The fish are enjoying the weather too and are very hungry. I keep getting dirty looks as I wont give them as much to eat as they would like Lol!



Maisie is here to show you she has found another good spot this time under the umbrella.
She likes to put here feet on the metal, because the base is shaded the metal is actually cool and as we know doggies feet can get very hot in this weather!


 
 Better finish there, don't want to keep you too long.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

6 comments:

Helen said...

wow . you have lots of fish in your pond! I used to love Bill and Ben and Little Weeeeed!!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Awww now you know where the cool spots are in your garden Angela, just follow Maisie and see where she rests her feet..
Hope your new fish makes lots of friends in his new home.
I'm sure Bill & Ben have been making use of the pond during the hot weather hee hee!!
Have a great weekend Hugs Tracey xx

Jackie PN said...

Hi Maisie!! Where is Stan hiding?

Beautiful fish and how difficult was it picking out which one to bring home?
Happy weekend!
Jackie xo

Annie said...

I’ve just been playing catch up. The show last week looked amazing. It’s Shrewsbury flower show today and tomorrow but it’s rained heavily most of the morning so I doubt we will go this year....we normally go on the Friday evening when it’s a little cheaper and then stay for the fireworks.
I love your new fishy family member and hope it settles in very soon.
Thanks for keeping the smiles going in my absence last week.
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

It must haved been difficult to choose your koi. They all look so beautiful. Do new pònd members usually get on well with the others? Or do you just have to wait and see?
I hope it has cooled down a bit over your way. Have a good week,
Lisca
Yes, I remember Bill and Ben the Flowerpot men. I used to read Andy Pandy (the comic) that was sent to us in Holland by a kind 'auntie'. She would save them up and every 6 weeks she would roll them up and send them in the post. I remember the excitement to this day!
Your garden looks lovely, I must say, in spite of the drought.

mamapez5 said...

I love the new fish. I had some beautiful koi carps in my pond in UK, and it was always fun to visit the centre to buy a new one.
Maisie has found a good spot. Arwen lays on the metal base of my fan. Kim is struggling in the heat this year but he is so frightened anywhere near water that I can't even spray him with the hose, and refused to have cool, damp towels rubbed on his fur. But he spends most of the day under the fan in the sitting room. He is still tolerating the attention of the 'small people' who are visiting this week though. Have a good week. Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10