Friday 3 August 2018

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

On Saturday we went to Heckington Show, the largest village show in the country.
When we moved to Lincolnshire in 1988 it was tiny only covering the Recreation ground but gradually it has grown but still maintained it's village feel with none of the sales pitch that you get at many Agricultural shows selling massive farm machinery.
This is definitely a family show.

 
Lots of traditional techniques and workmanship.


 
 Naturally you cannot be in Lincolnshire without seeing an aeroplane.


 And we never did get rid of those Americans Lol!.



Gorgeous old car collection.

 
MG of course!

 
And my old favourite looking good, the VW Campervan.

 
All real village shows have vegetable competitions.

 
 Cake fancies.

 
And some very large cakes!
 
 
Even the flower tent remind us that this is the home of the Red Arrows.
We are all praying they don't take them away.

 
 More flowers.


 
Some are a bit strange!


Couldn't leave without some photos of the Bonsai collection.


 
And I bought something for the garden.
I wonder if you can see something different.

 
Well here it is!
The metal is not sealed so we will soon see a lovely patina start to develop though it's quite lovely as it is.
Hope you like it too.
Not quite sure about the position yet though so we'll see, it might move around a little to begin with Lol!


Hope you enjoyed the day out.
 
Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.
 
 And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

5 comments:

Jackie PN said...

WOw What a fun fest! Those guys are AMericans sitting there? LOL
Oh I so agree about the VW bus! I would so love one of these, but here in the states if you are lucky enough to find one, you would pay lots and lots for it!
Oh well, fun to dream!
I love going to the fairs competitions- it is neat to see how ell everyone does with their hard earned efforts!
I am visiting with family so hoping the weather cooperates this weekend!
Hoping yours is lovely as well-Happy weekend my friend!
Jacki xo

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I bet it has been a real joy to watch it grow over time Angela, it's wonderful when we can see the community coming together sharing and showing their wares, something we do not really get here.
My GrandFather had a huge Coleus grown from a small cutting, funny how plants can bring back childhood memories.
Your sculpture is a great buy, love it's shape. It will age very well over time.
Thanks for sharing your weekend, hope this one is just as lovely.
Hugs Tracey xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Angela, isn't your garden lovely! We don't have a pond because of all our grandchildren ... too terrified one of the tots might fall in ... but it does make for a very serene look. And your new garden 'ornament' will look perfect wherever you decide to position it. The fair looks like an awful lot of fun. Have a lovely weekend. Elizabeth xx

Lisca said...

What a lovely village fair. I remember you showed us photos last year. I agree, the VW bus is great.
I like your new garden ornament. I'm sure it will move aaround the garden before finding its permanent position.ç
I spotted a Steampunk theme park which I'd love to go to (and you too if you haven't been already). It is near Nanted. Here is a link
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20140925-in-france-a-steampunk-park-of-jules-vernes-dreams
Hope you had a great Saturday,
Lisca

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh that looks like a fabulous show...just seeing all those cakes had my mouth watering, and the flowers are outstanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10