Friday 21 June 2019

Friday Fun day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
We've been to the Lincolnshire show this week so have plenty of pics to show you.....well too many for one day so may have to share some with you next week but here are a few to start you off.

I'm sure lots of you will know that Lincolnshire is the home of the Red Arrows but I wonder how many of you know this.

Lincoln was the Birthplace of the Tank and this is one from the First World War.


And of course there are always plenty of tractors.



This one is the same age as myself and my husband.


Other interesting things to see include wood carving.


Loving this hare.




And a very old craft of Shepherds crooks.


This little guy was having a tidy up.


And an interesting piece of art work on the go.


Wet felting too.


Not the brightest day but at least the rain held off unlike some of the days we've had recently.


Nice collection of chickens for sale.




And ducks too.


Budgies competing, very pretty. These have always been popular in the UK as pets.


And to finish off for today, some stunt riding.


 Rather them than me.


Brave or crazy, it's up to you Lol!


 And both together to finish off.

I have more to follow but that's enough for today.


Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

6 comments:

mamapez5 said...

That sounds like a good day out Angela. I love the wood carving and that is a very handsome cockerel for sale. It looks like an interesting show featuring so many different arts and crafts.
I am full of admiration for the Red Arrows. They do amazing stunts. My first husband was in the RAF so we went to several functions where the Red Arrows put on a show. Kate x

Annie said...

What fab pics of what looked lik e a great day out. So many wonderful things to look at but I'm guessing too much walking for me so it was lovely to share with you.
Hugs,
Annie x

crafty-stamper said...

Looks like a brilliant day and you were very lucky with the weather too.Thought I would catch hubby out but he knew about the tank lol
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous show and love the photos...those motor cyclist are very brave.....???? What a mixture of crafts, planes, tractors etc and you must have enjoyed it ? x No didn't know about the birthplace of the tank x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Playing catch-up is a bit difficult, especially when I was gone for two days, only to come home to an extremely unstable internet. I've rebooted twice just to get through this post.

I enjoyed the show and the crafts. Those Red Arrows must have been something. Sorry, I knew nothing about them. They must be a UK thing (grin).

How interesting all the things you saw and photographed. I enjoyed your narrative, too. Have a super weekend, because it looks like Friday is in the history books already in your part of the world.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great photos. This looks like a fun event to attend. I would've been a "big kid" trying to get a close look at the cockpit of that sharp looking red jet. I didn't know that was the birthplace of the tank. I like that carved rabbit too. I think the stunt riders must be part crazy: that looks risky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10