Friday 28 June 2019

Friday Fun Day with Smiles

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week well last week actually and I promise this will be the last look at the Lincolnshire show.


We always like to pop over to see this guy at the shows with his sheep.
He's an Australian who trains sheep and dogs.


The sheep are all different breeds.

 And of course he has a Lincoln Longwool though this one has had a haircut by the look of him.


He demonstrated the shearing technique.



 But the best part has to be when they all dance to the music!




 It's probably difficult here to see the sheep dance though you can see them moving their heads and feet and I have to say it is so funny and they actually seem to be enjoying it.



 From there I called in to see the hounds.


And the Beagles.


Next something a bit more crafty.



I'm sure you are aware that Lincoln has a very famous Cathedral and the work is continuous in replacing the stone.



 These pieces are all made by hand and are amazing.


 The detail is incredible.


There are always interesting things to see.




 Fire Eater.



Lots of things for the children. Although most of them are at school on the show days, some schools do bring groups of children.


Pleased he's not real!


The Strong Men showing off their muscles.


And then I decided to pop into the Women's Institute tent.
 I know these look like fruit and vegetables...well they are but knitted, how cute are they.



Here we have a needle felted hare, love him. He has such a lovely face.


Then the Flower tent.


These are so beautiful and so well designed.


I love the way they've done this one.



Just the last couple to finish off and then I'm gone.


I hope you enjoyed wondering around the show with me though of course I could only show you a small part of what was there otherwise we would be here for ever Lol!

 Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

10 comments:

Annie said...

Oh yes I really enjoyed my walk with you through the show....thanks for taking me with you. I must say that those stripes do nothing for the strong men! :-) :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great series of photos. Thank you for sharing them. It was enjoyable to see them.

mamapez5 said...

Angela, it was wonderful to wander around the show with you. Although I don't choose to see animals being made to 'perform´, the sheep do look rather fun. The crafts and flowers are beautiful. The knitted fruit and veg are amazing and so is the stone-work. Thanks for sharing. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You could show photos of that show forever and I wouldn't be bored. I had to laugh at the sheep dancing. The sheering must have been interesting.

I had to agree with Annie about the muscle men. One just looked fat to me.

The fruit and veggies wee adorable, but those flower arrangements were divine. The one you liked best, I did, too. It was very well done, far better than anything I could have created.

Have a super remainder of Friday and a great weekend. I had to laugh at the comment you left me about what I wrote at Annie's. It's true my days and nights have been turned upside down. I'm trying to get on a "child friendly" schedule.

Mrs A. said...

I had to look twice at the fruit . So very realistic. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Mrs A.

Helen said...

I always love your visits to this show! this year looks as amazing as ever.

Lisca said...

Thanks for taking me to the show. I love that sort of thing. We used to have the Bath and West show near us. and I always loved gong. One day is not nearly enough to propperly see everything.
I was amazed at the knitted fruit! Looks real.
And of course the sheep are fun. Sheep shearing is fascinating to watch.
The flower arrangements are gorgeous. And the Beagles with their wagging tails made me smile.
The 'strong' men don't do it for me. One of them could do with a bit more exercise.
And those bicycles! I think they are called 'velocipède' and I have no idea how you mount one of those....
Thanks for taking me to the show, I really enjoyed it.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

crafty-stamper said...

Looks like a brilliant day love the knitted fruit and felted hare-remember going to the Yorkshire show once with school many many moons ago lol
Carol x

Words and Pictures said...

So much going on - what an amazing day out. Those floral sculptures are really quite something!
Alison x

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed your fabulous photos and what a memorable day out you had x Love the dancing sheep! x.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10