Monday 22 July 2019

Wedding card.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card I've made using the pop-up box technique:


Started by measuring, scoring and cutting an A4  sheet of Mirri card.

.
As this is only shiny on none side I have added more pieces of the Mirri card to the opposite side at the top. 


Layering next with some nice patterned Mirri card a kind of silver grey.
I've also prepared the inner support strips and lots of die cut hearts plus a large lace heart which will decorate the back.


I applied the larger heart first leaving one side loose so that it will not effect the fold.


Then tucked the loose section towards the back out of the way.


Then attached a smaller embossed heart and turned the box.


By turning the box it helps you to remember which direction these sections need to be decorated.


Once the outer sections are completed the box can be joined at the sides and the support inserts attached ready to add the rest of the heart embellishments.


I've also added some net to the inside and matching gem stones.


The sentiment is a rub on from my stash.
All that's left to do is to fold it flat and place it in the envelop, just hope the happy couple enjoy it.

If you like this card I do have a set of instructions which can be found here though there are lots on the internet too.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting. 
Pleased to hear any thoughts you have about this project.

Angela x

8 comments:

Sue said...

This is beautiful Angela,this style really packs a punch doesn't it. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Kyla said...

oh wow this is simply stunning, you make it look so easy!
kyla

Mrs A. said...

What a stunning pop up card. Lots and lots of embellishments to see. Hugs Mrs A.

Mac Mable said...

Wow this is stunning, unique and absolutely beautiful. So very thoughtful for the happy couple. Thank you for the step by steps on this wonderful and creative project x.

Craftyfield said...

Brilliantly executed Angela! I don't trust myself to do so well, there's always something wrong at the last hurdle when I do any kind of paper engineering!

Crafty Kaz said...

Wow love the Pics especially the Doggy.
Wedding box is Beautiful, thanks for sharing how you made it, and what a full desk of Crafty goodies you have.
I'm just going to have a nose at all your other Crafty Idea's
Happy Crafting Kaz x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous exploding Wedding box love all the heart embellishments and gorgeous bow
Carol x

Crafty Claire said...

I thought I had commented already but can't see it. This is an awesome card and certainly has the wow factor. It's a wonderful gift to the happy couple. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10