Friday 26 July 2019

Friday Fun day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.
Well it's been mostly garden stuff again.


My beautiful Vanda Orchid is flowering.
They are one of my absolute favourite Orchids.


Out in the garden we have some new flowers this week.


Snap Dragons which just appear where ever they feel like it!


The daisies are out too this week too.


And the Hydrangea are colouring up nicely.


And now for something slightly different! though still in the garden.


Someone is trying to hide her face from the camera!


And here is why!


I thought she was quiet and while I was busy clearing out some pond weed Princess Maisie had disappeared down the bottom of the garden probably looking for frogs and came back looking like this!


I don't know why Stan thinks it's so funny!
It took me an age to get it all off!
Madam!


Anyway the little grapes are starting to grow.


The Buddleia is starting to flower. This is a particularly lovely colour.


A second flowery for the Wisteria though it's never quite as good as the first set of flowers.


It was a bit sunny when I took this photo but couldn't leave without showing you how big the Cygnets are. I think they aren't cygnets any more and nearly as big as their parents.

So that's it really for today.


 Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

10 comments:

Annie said...

I'm sorry to say I had to chuckle at Maisie's face....Milly does the same and comes in in such a mess at times looking like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. Milly is a mouser [we don't need a cat!] and we both went to investigate her barking in the back garden only to find she had caught/killed a mouse and had brought it onto the patio for us as a gift!!....just what I wanted!! I'm sure, like us, you wouldn't have her any other way.
Your garden has so much to make you smile too at the mo.
Hugs,
Annie x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great assortment of photos. Isn't it funny how whenever our furry friends get quiet, it usually means they're getting into mischief?

Lisca said...

Oh your garden is so lovely! It must be such a delight to potter around and see all this beauty.
And that orchid is indeed stunning.
The cignets are growing so fast! They are teenagers now I suppose.
Maisie made me smile! Me? What? I've done nothing!
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

That is a superb orchid. What a wonderful colour. I always grew antirrhinums in my little garden patch as a child. They always do well and I liked to squeeze them to make the 'bunnies' open their mouths. Of course I love daisies - wild or cultivated. Such sunny little faces.
I did laugh at Maisie. We have a similar problem out here, with hooked seeds. I have no idea what they grow on but they seem to cover the campo land all year. Tango, my ginger Persian cat is the one who collects them, but on the other end of him unfortunately. They are so prickly I have to deal with them so he can sit down!
The cygnets are certainly doing well. I suppose they will soon be flying off to find mates elsewhere for next year. Kate x

Helen said...

ha ha... sorry!! chuckling here too.. have a great weekend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LOVE your orchid, and those Hydrangea are stunning. Such beautiful colors.

Poor Maisie. I won't laugh because I feel for you having to clean her. Just one more reason to own cats!!!

Your garden is amazing. You must really enjoy spending time there. I hope it's not too hot because the heat here is a killer after about 9 am. before that, I get to fight mosquitoes because of all the rain we had this spring and summer. It sounds like you don't have those problems, though.

Have a super weekend, because Friday is probably over in your world by now.

froebelsternchen said...

Your garden is amazing and so is the orchid and Maisie... lol!

Susi xxx

Belinda said...

Your garden looks beautiful. You have some of my favorites. Snapdragons, hydrangeas and daisies. I have a few orchids in my home and every time they bloom I get so happy and take pictures. I have not seen that variety but it is quite lovely.
Thanks for the visit last week.
Belinda #27

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful orchid and hydrangeas -we have never ever had a hydrangea and this week have bought two!Stan was probably laughing thinking glad it's not me lol one of our chickens caught a frog two days ago poor little thing.
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

I am chuckling at Maisie's face too....x Wonderful photos of the garden and those cygnets sure have grown x Great that you get the two colours of the hydrangeas x.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10