Monday 11 November 2019

Crafty Cardmakers 245 'Thankful'

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.

As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards, as long as it meets the challenge. 

Lin is hosting today and our challenge is 'Thankful'.


Hope you will join in.

And here is my project for the challenge:



I've used two Masterboards today to make this card.



I used various stencils and Distress Oxides to make these.
At least one of the Masterboards needs to be decorated on both the front and the back for this card.


The next stage was to cut two squares the same size and one slightly larger for the mount.
I'm using 6"x 6" card blanks so the square will be about 5 1/2" and the mount 5 3/4"


The topper is folded as you can see here and is the piece which needs to be decorated on both sides.


And the creases used to line up the corners into the centre.


The square will now look like this.


Take the corners and crease the card along the centre folding outwards.


You can see the idea better here.


Do this all the way round and apply a little glue to hold these in place.


You can add the sentiments any way you want but I have cut another square of Masterboard, stamped the sentiment and layered this with more gold card before attaching it to the topper and adding the enamel dots. I have also added a small sentiment on the background too.



 I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x 

9 comments:

Jo said...

Love the tutorial Angela.....something else to add to my to-try list lol! Fab masterboards too.....lovely colours x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a beautiful card.

Kyla said...

ooh lovely card and you make it look so easy!
kyla

Mac Mable said...

Angela your card is so creative and so heartfelt. The masterboards look fabulous and what a genius card...I love it x.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card and happy to see you have a tutorial fo it. Must give it a try. Your daughter will treasure it for sure!
hugs
Glenda

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful thankful card . Lovely design and texture. Have a creative week. Judy

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is gorgeous Angela! Fabulous masterboards and I love the unique design of this card. Thank you for sharing the tute. Have a fabulous weekend! hugs xx

Kim x said...

Fabulous masterboards as always Angela.
Didn't get a chance to recreate the fabulous background on my birthday card, so I will have to try again later. Probably be the New Year now the way time is flying by.
Hugs Kimx

Crafty Claire said...

Lovely coordinated masterboards and clever folding. You always make cards with lots of interest and detail xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10