Friday 8 November 2019

Friday Fun Day.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


Now where could this be?
Guess you'll know it can't be me because my desk is still out of action.


It's the NEC craft show and these are a few of the samples and demos I looked at.



Nice cards.



Tracey Dutton who some of you will know as Lavinia Stamps showing me how she likes to use the Brushos.


Of course I had to stop off for some nourishment. 
I thought this would come just with the butter so this was quite a nice surprise. Scone with jam and clotted cream scrummy! and finished it off with a Latte.

 It was great to see so many fabrics and sewing equipment for sale and being purchased too. Lovely new sewing machines, felting stuff, pattern making, tools and equipment, fabrics, all sorts really. 
I even bought some fabric though not completely sure what I will use it for yet so you will have to wait and see.



I have been in the park too and as you can see the cygnets are massive and working hard to get all those brown feathers out.


And these too, masses of them. 


Fungus but not sure what type.

Time for a funny I think.

Maisie and Stan liked these and thought you would too especially if you know dogs.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

7 comments:

Annie said...

We are obviously smiling at the same things these days....love the fungus [it looks very similar]. It looks like a fun day was had at the NEC...I'd love to go but it's just too much walking for me now. You bought fabrics but aren't sharing a photo? You know that would make me smile!
I really chuckled at the funny cos that's just what Milly will do....her fav place to sit in an evening is wedged down the side of my chair...it keeps us both cosy lol
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

Looks like you had a great time at the NEC. And so encouraging that there was so much sewing stuff. Is sewing experiencing a revival you think? Like knitting all of a sudden became trendy some years ago.
I love all those beautiful Christmas cards.They look rather complicated to make and you have to have certain equipment, but beautiful nonetheless.
I smiled at your funny. OK we don't have a dog, but I have been around enough dogs to know this is exactly what they do!
Have a lovely weekend,
Looking forward to any updates on the shed/studio.
Keep smiling,
Lisca

Elizabeth said...

Hi Angela, I'm still chuckling at the funny - brilliant! I think the NEC Craft Show is so much bigger than the one we have at the SECC in Glasgow - probably because it is better attended. The cards are beautiful. Fungi seems to be a theme this week. I forgot to take a picture but we have what looks like wild mushrooms growing at the bottom of the garden. Not that we intend trying them out - we'll leave them for the squirrels. Have a wonderful weekend. Elizabeth xx

Caro said...

Love your funny and so glad you had a good time at the NEC. It looks wonderful - i will have to get myself there one day! Sorry for the late visit this week. Happy belated WOYWW. Thanks for sharing. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#14)

mamapez5 said...

There are some lovely examples from the NEC show. If I had planned ahead a bit better I could have made it to that this year, but it would have been on the Sunday and I never liked going then. Several of the stalls would have sold out of everything new, and some even go home that morning. Anyway, I really mustn't keep buying new equipment and materials that I just don't need. My hands are getting worse so I make less cards etc these days, and I already have enough to open my own craft shop! But I used to really enjoy watching the demos, and learning new techniques.
I used to live very close to Tracey Dutton, but when she started out, she used to get so absorbed by her work that she seemed annoyed when those watching her asked questions, so I never found her easy. But I love her stamps and have quite a collection of them, and I did learn a lot just from watching her.
I had a scone with jam and cream just like yours when I went to the Botanical Gardens. But more about that visit next week! Hope you have a good week. Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous samples from the show Angela.
Now that's a funny thing with the scone....I love them and if they come with just butter I am happy (and actually prefer them that way) but if they come with cream and jam then it's just got to be eaten....x
I have made a mushroom card this week but I am no expert on them! x. What a fun cartoon at the end of your post x. Hope You had a lovely weekend? x

Crafting With Jack said...

Love that cartoon - I was sure I had commented already!
Love your masterboards and card too. How many colours did you use for the background?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10