Monday 25 November 2019

Crafty Cardmakers 246 'No Patterned Paper'

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Hi! back again to tell you that it's time for another challenge over
at Crafty Cardmakers.


  Monika is hosting today and our challenge is 'No Patterned Paper'.


As usual you can enter anything you fancy, it doesn't have to be cards, as long as it meets the challenge. 

Hope you will join in.
And here is my project for the challenge:



This Masterboard was made on an A3 sheet of Kraft card. I added screwed up tissue paper, texture with a stencil and layers of paint which I knocked back with some Gesso added with a dry brush.


To construct the card I ripped away a small section of the Masterboard which reveals the Kraft card along the edge leaving about a third of the white card blank showing. Now that's a real popper!


I had a little play around with some Seth Apter die cut pieces, a large gold jigsaw piece and more of the Masterboard.


Once again I've brought in the 'Press and Seal'. I'm beginning to wonder how I managed without it, it certainly makes jobs like this easier.


Once the pieces are well attached to the 'Press and Seal' you can turn it over and add the glue, sticky dots or whatever you wish to use.


Turn everything over and place in position, attach and then carefully ease away the 'Press and Seal'.


Everything looks exactly the same as the original idea, no movement and no problem in trying to remember the plan or photographing it before hand which is what I used to do to ensure the design was in position which never quite ended up as planned.


A few additional gems, Tim Holtz die sentiment and some clear glaze and the card's complete.

 I hope you will pop over to see what the rest of the DT have been up to and maybe join in the challenge.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with too.
 Happy crafty card making.
Angela x 

5 comments:

Uroocreations said...

Woww!! I love the mix of different textures on an ordinary craft paper.. The outcome is so gorgeous... Love it totally, my sweet friend..

Hugs
Monika Shukla
UrooCreations

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I absolutely love what you have done here Angela the combination of colour with Kraft card and the pop of metallic is fantastic. The sentiment really brings it all together. I really must try this technique out.. maybe you can show me when your fabulous crafty cabin is up and running (cheeky me.. only joking hee hee!!)
Sending Hugs your way & sorry I missed this one.. Tracey xx

Judy McKay said...

Angela, what a lovely project. Very interesting design. Lovely colours and textures. Have a fantastic week of crafting. Judy

pam said...

Stunning make as always Angela..beautiful design.
Pam x

Crafty Claire said...

Love how the layers all build up, lots of wonderful textures xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10