Friday 8 May 2020

Friday Fun day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.

As some of you know it's been a sad couple of weeks for us and I haven't really felt like doing much and as we certainly can't go any where I thought that I would show you some of the things around the house that make me smile and I hope they make you smile too.


My little rabbit that I needle felted a while ago and my absolutely favourite clock. 
If you look closely you'll find the little mouse that is the artists signature piece. The glaze of the clock is beautiful too.


My fireplace where I like to keep a few of my artwork pieces and a few pieces I've obtained over the years.


I love anything from the Art Nouveau, Art Deco and Arts and Craft period.
The vase is by Moorcroft, an anniversary gift from my hubby.



I know this guy is a bit ugly but still love him.


I've also collected some carved Japanese pieces too and there's a little carved mouse there which is nothing to do with the rest or the little ceramic bird. The Japanese pieces are called Netsuke.

And in the garden:





And these beauties were left at my front door by a friend.


I haven't included any dog funnies today mainly because I just haven't felt in the mood for them but I'll try for next week.

As if things haven't been hard enough I received a letter yesterday saying that I have to do Jury Service which is just what I could do without at the moment as you can imagine my mother is having a hard time coming to terms with everything and we're still working on sorting my dad's finances, so much stuff that he has kept over the years and everything else that has to be done.

Sorry about that I'm supposed to be making you smile.

Hope your weekend is a happy one and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some real smiles pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

8 comments:

Annie said...

Your photos really made me smile Angela. You have so many really beautiful things in your home and garden.
Always remember we are here to share your good times and bad my friend. I'm sure there is a lot that you all have to come to terms with right now and coronavirus really wont help at the mo so just do your best and focus on the important things..... like your mum right now.
Sending you biggest hugs,
Annie x

Sue said...

Lovely photo's Angela, and those flowers are beautiful. You just take care of yourself and your mum, that's all you can do for now xx

Lisca said...

Thank you for sharing those nice things in and around your house. You have many beautiful objects. I like that art nouveau stuff too. Even your fire place is a bit art nouveau. The Japanese pieces are gorgeous. But I don't particularly like your dragon, lol.
The wisteria and the blossoming tree are both so beautiful. They bring a smile to my face. (as does your friend's gift of flowers)
I'm sorry you have to do jury service at this time. Even at a time like this the courts still continue to work. Probably without the public gallery and sitting 1,5 m from each other. That will be so strange....
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs (yes, the virtual ones are allowed),
Lisca

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Angela, so many yummy things to look at.. English houses have the loveliest things like that fire place.. wowsers! And the items of creativity around it too, I love your rabbit and clock, I too love Art Deco, I’ve actually an oak Art Deco bureau from Wiltshire bought as soon as it arrived here in 1990s. Talk about walking into the antique shop at the right time! Sale on desks and THE right one just arrived from England! We know Who ordered that. Mercy plus. I love Moorcraft vases and nearly bought one once on eBay but refrained!
Lovely gardens too, you must have a lovely place.
Praying much for dear dear mumma, for you and all in this time ahead for your. Sending loads of love with hugs, too.
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too, especially in these uncertain days.
He is a sure Rock to those who trust in Him! Praying you’re all kept well too!
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 😊

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

awad ngah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mac Mable said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful pieces of art and your collections Angela x. Your plants look fabulous too and how kind of a friend to leave you the pretty flowers x. Thinking of you Angela and remember it is very much early days ....Sending virtual hugs x.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a beautiful array of lovely things from your surrounding, Angela...one of the best things about being an artist is that it hones one's appreciation for beauty and our surroundings become part of that.

I'm sorry to hear that you're on for Jury Service; that is truly the last thing you need right now. I know that in some countries there are special circumstance exemptions - perhaps it's the same in Britain.

May your days brighten with the spring and summer weather, and may you and your mom find a lifting of the spirits. Hugs, Win

Words and Pictures said...

I don't think you should feel that you have to make us smile when you've been travelling through such dark days. Having said that, I have been so happy to see all these pieces of artwork and design around your house. What a beautiful fireplace hood and tiles - and your felted rabbit is so sweet. I'm glad I took your advice to look closely at the clock - the patina is truly beautiful. I thought courts weren't sitting at the moment... is your jury service supposed to be remote? Maybe you can ask for a deferment, all things considered.
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10