Friday 1 May 2020

Friday Fun Day with Sadly Not so Many Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


I have sad news to begin with. 
My poor dad had to go into hospital as he was still having problems with the Cellulitis that started over Easter and unfortunately we are unable to visit him, sadly he died on Tuesday morning.

We hadn't realised that Cellulitis can be a sign of your heart failing as the legs fill up with water due to the heart not pumping around the body correctly and the oxygen levels drop.
Mum is coming to terms with being on her own but at least she has the carers visiting. 
We are trying to look on the bright side that at 92 he had a good innings. 

It's a very difficult time for everyone some way or another and I hope you are all coping.

I did have some smiles before this happened, last weekend.


Now what's this all about!
Remember this?


Well now it's this!


I bought the shears years ago, longer than I will admit to and never used them until now.


And here's Maisie looking woolly.


And here not so woolly though I think I need to go over her again as it got a bit late.

It was a lovely day when I did this last Saturday but not good light for the photographs. 
I think for my first try they look alright just need a bit more practice......sorry dogs.

There were some other smiles early in the week:


New trolleys from Hobbycraft. 
An on-line buy obviously.


Just finished this by Joanna Sheen who many of you will know from her crafting.
This is the first of her books that I've read and it was so good that I might have to order more.


My Easter Cacti looking good.


And to the side of it a Ceramic piece with Mushrooms/toadstools.


And another of my Orchids which has just started flowering, it's so pretty.

And puppy smiles to finish with:




Wishing you a happy weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles and hopefully a happier post, you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

15 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I am so sorry to hear of your lose. It is doubly hard when we can’t be there in person because of this panedemic shutting us all off from our loved ones. My thought are with you at this sad time.
The boys are looking good. I have trimmed The Doc’s hair twice for him so far and he has lived to tell the tale. Hugs Mrs A.

mamapez5 said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope Mum can manage with the help of her carers-
I have the grooming shears too which I bought for our long haired cats, but they are not easy to use. I think you did a grand job on your dogs.
I was interested to hear you enjoyed Joanna Sheen's book. I buy from her regular and have often wondered about adding one to my order. Maybe next time I will. Kate x

Crafty Claire said...

Angela so sorry to hear your sad news. So much harder for you, your mum and family not to be able to be together to comfort each other. I really feel for you. Sending you lots of love and healing thoughts xxx

Annie said...

I wasn't sure you'd join in this week so it's really lovely to see you here. I'm sure it will have been a very difficult time for you all. There's never a good age to die and at the moment it's so much harder for the family when they are unable to visit. Sending you much love and a big hug.
Annie x

Mac Mable said...

Dearest Angela, I am thinking of you and sending love and hugs. I am so very sorry for your sad loss x.
Good job with cutting the dogs and they do look smart x.

Neet said...

Came on woyww a bit late so got to this post instead - so sorry to hear the sad news. It must be very difficult for you all dealing with the death of your father but especially at this time. I am so sorry to hear of this Angela and I am sending my condolences to you all.
Neet x

Lindart said...

Angela, I am so sorry about your dad, sending you many hugsXXXXXXXX. How sad that you couldn't be with him at the end, as so many people are having to deal with recently. You did a great job with the dogs, I'm sure you will feel more comfortable doing it with every shear. The dog cartoons are cute, made me smile! Thanks for your visit, stay busy, stay safe, Lindart #30

Sue said...

Angela I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, everything is so hard at the moment isn't it. The dogs look fab now and I'm sure they'll be a lot more comfortable. I've been doing Neil's hair for years (I'm sure it's just the same lol) Take care, and much love, Sue xx

Karen said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Father, these times are hard enough on their own. Your dogs look great! Nice that you put an old purchase to good use. WOW your orchids are gorgeous ~ amazing colors ~
Sympathy and blessings to you

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh dear Angela, I was so sad to read this and it’s even harder that you couldn’t visit the same things are happening here, too. I didn’t know that re cellulitis either .. praying for comfort for all but esp your darling mum, think she’s close if memory is correct?
This really a WOYWW call, sorry I’m late... again... 😁 am only doing pop comment boxes this week, too hard the embedded ones. So thank you. I love your dogs you did a brilliant job on them can’t imagine it’s easy, beautiful orchids too .. I’ve zygo cactus coming into flower too except mine is white with pink centre. Will bring into courtyard this week as will be flowering. I found it discarded on free pile outside someone’s place last year.
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too, especially in these troubled times, may we look up in faith, not at the mud underneath ! Praying you’re all kept well too, and praying much for comfort too from the God of all comfort, dear Angela.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 😊 #22

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lisca said...

Oh Angela, I'm so sorry to hear this! (Big hug). It must be very difficult not being able to be with your mum and to organize a funeral that hardly anyone can come to. I know 92 is good innings, but it is still very hard to lose your dad. I still miss mine very much.
But on a more positive note, I must say you have done an excellent job of clipping your dogs!
Your cactus looks beautiful. What an abundance in colour! And the orchid is doing well too.
I've never read anything by Joannna Sheen.
Your funnies made me smile, especially the goths.
Hope you are able to have a good weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Words and Pictures said...

So very sorry to hear about your Dad, Angela. 92 is a good innings, but it doesn't make it any easier for those who are left behind to come to terms with his absence. And tough for you and your mum not to be able to be in physical contact at the moment.

Good that there are still Smiles to be had - the dog-shearing looks very successful - very dapper "after" shots; the flowering plants are clearly very happy, and your new trolleys will definitely be useful (mine certainly are, though they are the Swedish version - mostly picked up on ebay).
Take good care of yourself - I'll be thinking of you.
Alison x

pam said...

Oh Angela, I am so sorry to hear the sad news. It must be very difficult for you all dealing with the death of your father, I am sending my condolences to you all.
You did a good job on your dogs, could do with those for my husbands hair.
Stay safe Hugs Pam x

Craftyfield said...

One is never quite prepared for the time when we lose our parents, no matter what age and it will be all the harder with all the lockdown rules. My thoughts are with you Angela. x

awad ngah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10