Friday 15 May 2020

Friday fun day with Smiles.

Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.
Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.



Not much gone on in here this week and still trying to sort out the loft and get the rest of the stuff moved. 
Hubby has put down some fresh soil and that's why you can see the netting as Stan cannot resist digging in there.



 A walk in the park with the dogs was nice.


I'm not sure you can see what we've done here. 
This is my cherry tree and I am determined that this year I will have some cherries so we've netted most of it or as much as we could reach. When I was in the garden on Monday a small bird flew towards it and I swear it gave me a dirty look!
I'll let you know nearer the time if the plan works.


Flowers next.


Always make me smile.



The Bonsai looking happy.
The variegated Maple is a stunner.


This white Lilac is a cutting from one my grandfather brought from Staffordshire. My grandparents originated there and went to live in South Yorkshire when they opened the mine in the village where I was born.
When my grandfather died I dug the original plant up and it stayed in my mother's garden until we moved to Lancashire where we lived for eleven years then I brought it to Lincoln where it produced lots of suckers which are still growing around the garden though the original plant has now died but it's children continue and are also in many other gardens of my friends.


This pink one was in the garden when we moved in.


Japanese Camillia.


This is rusting up nicely.


Can you see what these are.
It follows the brick line, at the moment there is nothing on the lawn.


Close up.
Yes they are Mole hills!
Bet the one that came up here got a shock when he hit the concrete, little devils!

And finally thought you might like some doggy smiles again.


Thank goodness we don't have this problem as schnauzers don't molt.

From experience they are good at this.


Guess they might keep you warm but not my thing though Stan will get up there if he can.

Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.

Angela x

11 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your garden looks fantastic. You have a great assortment of flowering plants and bushes. It's nice to hear the history of your white lilac, and how you've gifted it to others, as well. I enjoyed your funnies. They are so true, too.

Annie said...

Wow. Your garden is looking wonderful....I swear our gardens are trying even harder than ever to make us smile this year Angela. Good luck with the cherries...a blackbird will usually find a way in! Your dog funnies always make me chuckle. I hope life is being kind to you.
Big hugs,
Annie x

Words and Pictures said...

The garden is looking lovely - hope all that netting (ground and tree) does its job. Thank you for sharing all those fab floral close-ups. Love the lilac particularly. I used to have a white and a lilac lilac where we used to live. Now there's a lilac one (so I shouldn't complain too much) but I do miss my white lilac, so that's my top pick photo this week!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, and the puppy class made me laugh a lot!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Your garden is full of memories Angela.. loved the walk too the Labernum caught my eye, do love them. And your grandfather's lilac is magnificent. We've a plant called Elsie May after my Yorkshire grandmother, as was her plant originally.
Loved the funnies too. Will check out WOYWW tomorrow. Happy smiles day. Pray you've more things to make you smile than not!

Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love, in these different times.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

mamapez5 said...

You have some beautiful plants in the garden. I love the white lilac. I had one in UK. It was a little cutting I bought from a WI stall in the market.
Bonsai aren't my thing at all, but the maple does look very pretty.
You are lucky your dogs don't shed. our Kim does, all year round. I warn anyone coming here not to wear black! Kate x

pam said...

Your garden`s looking wonderful Angela.
Pam x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm envious of your incredible flowers and beautiful bonsais. You have a way with plants and flowers. They are wonderful.

Sorry you have REAL mole hills. I would have no way of knowing how to get rid of them.

Loving the looks of the outside of your new shed. I can't wait to see it finished.

Had to laugh at the dog funnies. Have a super Friday and rest of the weekend, dear.

Lisca said...

Thank you for taking me through your garden. What a delight! I loved all those beautiful plants. The clematis is a beauty. I used to have all sorts of clematis in our garden. Unfortunately the climate is too hash for them here.
The white lilac is gorgeous and I am impressed with your bonsai.
Yuk! Moles! Not nice. What are you going to do about it? Is there a solution?
The dog funnies made me smile.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Mac Mable said...

The crafting cabin looks wonderful Angela and so enjoyed the photos of your fabulous garden flowers.
Spring is such a lovely time of year with the camellias, lilacs, rhodederdrams and azaleas coming through to give tons of colour.
Great memories for you with the lilac and your grandfather and another good idea to put netting around the cherry tree....good luck with that and the moles! x.
Thanks for the doggy funnies at the end, which made me smile x.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wonderful photos, Angela. The scent of the white lilacs came right through the computer. As always, I love your dog cartoons - always so apt! Hugs from Canada, my friend, and wishes for you and your family's wellness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10