Friday 26 February 2021

Friday Fun Day with Smiles.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

Angela here again to show you what I've been up to this week.


The park still remains really muddy so we've been walking at the back of our house. Like lots of woodland areas around here you can see there's quite a lot of water.


This is probably about a hundred yards from the back of our fence but as you can see it's covered by trees so from where we live it's quite difficult to see this far.
You can see Maisie there wondering why I'm so far away she likes everyone to be together.


It certainly proved an interesting walk.


And then we saw this in the undergrowth.


What appeared to be some pieces of wood paneling.


So we made our way round to see what was going on.


And this was what we found. Someone had made two little huts.


Not too far away to one side is this school and we're wondering whether some of the children have made this as a little den but there was no sign of anyone in the huts or anything untoward having taken place.
It's surprising what you find when you're out for your walk!
I had another surprise the other day when i went into the spare bedroom to find my favourite Orchid had decided to flower, they are beautiful I'm sure you'll agree.






And so to the funnies:



Have a great weekend everyone and
 thanks for stopping by.

And if you would like some more smiles you just need to pop over to see what our other friends have been doing this week at Annie's for
"This Week's Smiles" and you can also share your  smiles too.
Angela x

8 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Yes it is a strange thing to find out walking Angela and I too wonder what the hut is used for...past or present? Your favourite orchid looks stunning and so vibrant x. Loved the funnies.....and laughed out loud with the last one....Thanks Angela x.

Lisca said...

Yes, that was an interesting find on your walk. I think it must be children making a den. What fun.Is the school a boarding school?
Oh your orchid is gorgeous! I love orchids but I continue to kill them, so nobody buys me any.
(but my amaryllis has a second shoot plus bud, and I'm very proud that I haven't managed to kill that one)
I chuckled at your funnies especially the last one.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca
PS now 2 pm and no word from/about hubby yet. The doctors and the care are excellent, they are not very good at communicating.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, that is definitely one walk at the back of your property. I'm with Maisie. I'd want you in my sight, too, especially in that tall brush. What a find on those huts. One has to wonder and maybe keep an eye out to see who might have built these.

LOVE the orchid. You are SO lucky. I couldn't even keep my very very expensive poinsettia going, so your green thumb is impressive, dear.

Your funnies are GREAT. I love the dirty sock. Cats are so much smarter than dogs (sorry Stan and Maisie). Hope you have a great rest of Friday and a wonderful weekend. Maybe it will dry out a bit this week, too.

mamapez5 said...

That was an interesting find. I wondered whether a homeless person had built themselves a little shelter from the snow, but I suspect they would have left some tell-tale signs, so maybe a children's play den is more likely.

Your orchid is beautiful. When we spent three months touring S:E:Asia before we moved out here, in Bangkok city centre there was an orchid festival, and this huge shopping centre was filled with sculptures covered in orchids of all colours, shapes and sizes. They were amazing. I had no idea there were so many different ones.
I hope the rain stops soon so you have a bit less mud to plough through with the dogs. Kate x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your orchid is beautiful. What a nice surprise, to find it blooming. I like your photos. It's muddy here, too. I liked your funnies, especially the one with the cat.

Annie said...

What a fun find while out on your walk. I bet it could tell some tales. Your orchid is stunning...they are gorgeous flowers aren’t they?
Love your doggy funnies and must apologise for my funnies if rather rude.
Hugs,
Annie x

Crafty Claire said...

Those orchids are stunning. A great reference photo for a watercolour painting. Take care and have a lovely weekend xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wow - that orchid is just stunning, Angela!!! And like you, I can't help but wonder about those huts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10