Monday 24 April 2023

Monday Fun - Use it or Lose it.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a new Art journal page:

 
I have had so much fun with this one.

 
I started by embossing with this gorgeous stencil using white texture paste.

 
And then adding colour with Distress Oxide inks using a blending tool.

 
These small light bulbs have been waiting to be used again for far too long and are some very old Creative Expression stamps. I added these and some sentiments too.
 
This however is a new die but I just had to try it out and it works so well with the stamps.
I have cut it out twise with a black card and a rusty metalic card, layered them together adding Stickles Glitter glue to the filament.

 
But obviously that is not enough!


So I added some embossing with a text stencil.

 
That's more guilt for having this gorgeous stencil hardly used.


Luckily this is still workable which is good as it is several years old which proves it's worth buying quality products.

And so to the finished journal page.
 
 
This is unusual for me as I am not a lover of yellow but I love the way this looks.
 

I've added a sentiment made on my Dymo Letratag, a very useful little machine.

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This turned out really well, love it! That light bulb die is great, never seen one like it before. Have a great week, stay crafty and have fun, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Well done for using old products - and yay for old paste still being usable! Happy Monday.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Angela, I love your lightbulb die. You were very lucky with your embossing paste, I've had so much stash go rock hard in the jars (yes I have had it for quite a while lol) Take care and have a crafty week, Sue xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fabulous page, Angela...it's a treat to see the way you're working in your journal. I definitely agree about purchasing and using quality products - some of mind could almost be classified as antiques. :D

Crafty Claire said...

That's a very neat light bulb die. Saves a lot of fussy cutting. It's a very efffective page and the embossing brings it all together beautifully xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10