Monday 17 April 2023

Use it or Lose it.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

 I am here today to show you a new journal page:

 
I enjoyed this technique so much last week that I just had to play with it again. 
First Arteza brush pens to apply the colour then spray them with water and let the colours run. Dry with a heat gun or dry naturally.
 
 
I splattered the surface with white paint lightly.
 
 
 It's probably clearer in real life.

 
I like the white splatter but felt it needed more so added some white stenciling too.
 
 
I used a small part of this gorgeous stencil and can't wait to play with it again.

From there..........
 
I used this stamp which is another of those things that have been sitting around for far too long unused.
 


The border stamp is by Seth Apter and everything else is by Studio Light.
 
 
I stamped the Seahorse on the coloured background and also on a piece of water colour card then used the Arteza brush pens to colour the Seahorse on the white card. 
Next I fussy cut the Seahorse when dry and added  black ink to the edge and heat embossed it.
 
I added the sentiment and used a white pen to add some highlights.
 
I felt that I needed more detail along the bottom and used this Studio Light die to
cut the seaweed and applied it to the page finishing it with some Stickles Glitter Glue.

And that's about it really.

I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Angela, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the stamps you used and the lovely colours! Have a wonderful week, hugs, Valerie

Sue said...

I really like this Angela, all the different stamps work so well together. I really like that Seth border stamp and I have a real soft spot for seahorses. Take care and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a stunning page, Angela - and I'm with you on all those fabulous stencils/stamps. You've made fabulous use of them, and I'm sure this won't be the last time. I'm loving your work in the journal, and hope to see much more!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I so love these dies and the stamps too. xXx

Crafty Claire said...

This is a really great page. I love the colours. I've been using my brush markers quite a bit recently. It's funny how we go through periods with different favourite techniques xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogs I follow

01 09 10