Monday 15 July 2024

Masterboard Monday.

 Welcome to all my new followers, hope you enjoy the journey.

I am here today to show you a card made with this Masterboard:


A Retiform Masterboard this week, I've not used this technique for a while so thought it was time for it to show it's face again.
I made this on A3 card with lots of Lavinia stencils and Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks.


I like to use sticky notes to mask off the lines as I add the inked edges.


This is just the beginning. 
I like to start in one direction going up and down and then left to right, to create the pattern.


From there I added the stencil designs.


My tip for this would be to use one stencil at a time and move the design around so that you will finish with a good arrangement and not getting the same design too close together.


I'm showing you a close up here which gives a better view of how I arrange the stencils. I like to turn the card occasionally which also makes the design more interesting.


And here's the finished card.


The dies are AALL and Create, the fish are Kate Crane, sentiment by Spellbinders and the crab is by Studio Light.
I finished this off with Stickles glitter glue and added Glossy accents to the body of the crab.

Hope you like it.
I would love to hear your comments.

Many thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Angela x

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card! Hugs, Valerie

Sue said...

I love everything about this card, the background, the cute images, and that frame is fabulous! Take care and have a crafty week, Sue xx

Neet said...

Thanks for the details on the Masterboard making. I love how you did the masking.
It will make some super cards - love this one.
Hugs, Neet xx

Spyder said...

Amazing! I love this card!!!
((Lyn))

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a great background that is Angela, adore that patchwork design. Stunning card so intricate with it's frame. Amazing make, your so inventive.
Hugs Tracey x

Blogs I follow

01 09 10